Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

Re: The Point (Boylston/Brookline)

Why so long????

Because he's tied up with 1325 right now?

Because he's tied up with 1325 right now?

He is also starting soon at Barry's Corner, on the north side of Western Ave., across the street from the old Charlesview.

Ok, it is no Zaha Hadid design, but I think it works and it looks different than the other Boylston Street projects. At any rate, it is better than what is there now.

Oh and regarding VE, that roof deck and pool will not make the cut.

As long as they hope to charge 1330/Kensington type rents at The Point (because lets be honest, that's the real goal here), the roof deck and pool will definitely make the cut.

Ok, it is no Zaha Hadid design, but I think it works and it looks different than the other Boylston Street projects. At any rate, it is better than what is there now.

I don't know why everyone is no negative and thinks this is going to be value engineered to death like other developers do. Samuels has shown to care about quality. Besides, the rooftop pool made the cut at 1330...

Somewhat related: I had no idea the Landmark Center was part of Samuels portfolio. In fact, they seem to own most of the street.

I don't know why everyone is no negative and thinks this is going to be value engineered to death like other developers do. Samuels has shown to care about quality. Besides, the rooftop pool made the cut at 1330...

I'm with Dave. If there's one guy who deserves the benefit of the doubt in this city it's Samuels. His products have generally matched his renderings. And he CLEARLY has a vested interest in the neighborhood at a macro level.

I'm with Dave. If there's one guy who deserves the benefit of the doubt in this city it's Samuels. His products have generally matched his renderings. And he CLEARLY has a vested interest in the neighborhood at a macro level.

Somewhat related: I had no idea the Landmark Center was part of Samuels portfolio. In fact, they seem to own most of the street.

These two quotes seem to explain each other. If Samuels can turn Fenway into the next "in" neighborhood, he stands to make quite a bit of money.

9674670159_73acc538e4_b.jpg

IMHO it looks better now than it ever has.

I don't mind the color, but I wish they had varied it more. It's just a lot of solid walls of a bright blue.

I don't mind the color, but I wish they had varied it more. It's just a lot of solid walls of a bright blue.

It's also awful at the street level. No interaction except for D'Angelos. On Boylston street the sidewalks are cracked/slanted/non-existent and really ruin the nice tree-lined sidewalks of 1330 and Trilogy.

The d'angelos at this site is closed, the signs are gone, does this mean that this project is moving forward?

Is the big "There's never an off season" sign gone too?

One hopes they're moving forward, but then why did they paint it that drab tan color a couple months back? Seems like a total waste of time and effort if they're pushing ahead so soon.

Maybe late fall, likely 1H 2015 this goes.

^ Great, thanks for those links; I'll really miss that sign. I also never knew that the people behind Fourth Wall were also responsible for Bodega... very cool.

And back on topic, aaaaaa's first link also covers how Samuels & Associates commissioned another marketing campaign for this building, "Faces of Fenway" (this is the same campaign as has been used on 1325's scaffolding for months now) in which case this building probably won't be going anywhere for at least the rest of the year.

why would they close the D'Angelo's right in the middle of its busiest season (i.e. 81 days a year when 40,000 hungry folks flood the neighborhood) if the building wasn't being demolished for months or more? I walked by not long ago before a home game and I was shocked at how crowded it was.

why would they close the D'Angelo's right in the middle of its busiest season (i.e. 81 days a year when 40,000 hungry folks flood the neighborhood) if the building wasn't being demolished for months or more? I walked by not long ago before a home game and I was shocked at how crowded it was.

Maybe the rental period terminated and they couldn't come to an agreement on a new, shortened one?

Is it D'angelo's busiest season? I'm not asking rhetorically, I genuinely don't know the answer here. But the flipside to the Sox games is that all the college kids are now gone, so you have a much lighter stream of traffic over the course of your typical day.

Back