Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

Re: The Point (Boylston/Brookline)

Is it D'angelo's busiest season? I'm not asking rhetorically, I genuinely don't know the answer here. But the flipside to the Sox games is that all the college kids are now gone, so you have a much lighter stream of traffic over the course of your typical day.

I walk by there every evening on the way back form work and I've only seen it busy during Sox games. To be fair, I'm guessing the peak time for college kids is probably later than when I walk back from work though.

2nc4djq.png

The fact that this project, the landmark center expansion, and Skanksa Burger King project hasn't even started yet has me so excited for the potential of this neighborhood. That Van Ness website was really well done IMO, and considering how much the Van Ness and Viridian projects will add, this neighborhood seems like it can only get better.

She's a beauty! So many beautiful girls sprouting in this part of town but this girl, if she looks as good as the rendering after she's built, is gonna be a star. Thanks, Data, for posting.

Classy, skinny, and not trying too hard. At least from that angle.

I might be swayed by a dead on look at the wide sides of this thing.

It looks like what Waterside Place should have turned out to be.

Although I am generally not one for slab-sided buildings, this building looks fantastic. It will fit in very well here.

Sort of like an isosceles triangle, where the triangle "base" meets the Trinity building?

Post #41:
Alright, it's rendering time!

8476300425_2e4bd97ddb_b.jpg

Once again, Samuels knows how to load up the ground floor with retail:

8476300623_29f173b562_b.jpg

And the second floor as well:

8477390194_ba92b2259f_b.jpg

Typical residential floors:

8477390572_9df42fa4a3_b.jpg

Roof:

8476300507_d0689ea352_b.jpg

Site:

8477390516_713384c04f_b.jpg

West elevation is underwhelming, but far from bad:

8476299673_6f5f7342f2_b.jpg

East:

8477388806_2a8f32194d_b.jpg

South....one of the advantages of using metal panelling aka Alucobond is you can pull off gradient changes like this (which I am a fan of):

8477388568_9cf68f1ab5_b.jpg

8477388264_b20913d00e_b.jpg

8476298845_b046fdee5a_b.jpg

Circulation:

8477388902_2e19f7d9dc_b.jpg

Note there is no space provided in this building for parking, and that's where the skybridge comes into effect--its main purpose is to allow residents and shoppers to park in Trilogy's existing garage. No doubt this required a bit for forethought on the part of Samuels, and the area will be all the better for it.

No! It looks like they got rid of the color gradient on the non-glass panels. That was my favorite part of the entire project. I still love this development, but just a little bit less.

There's definitely been some other changes- compare to the earliest rendering below (all the way from Page 3- thanks for posting, kz)

OLD RENDERING
8476300425_2e4bd97ddb_b.jpg

Last edited:

^ I'm looking at color gradient right there. Light on the left fading to dark on the right. Maybe you are looking at it on a poor screen or something?

My bad- that rendering I posted is an old rendering. I have clarified above in my post. If you look in the newer renders posted by datadyne, you can see they have eliminated the gradient.

The pool is a marketing feature. It's safe.

It's usually quality of exterior materials that get downgraded for VE. Stuff that is more for public benefit than tenant benefit.

Back