Playing Tour Guide

North End? This is Boston's best hidden secret. Bet you can't even find it. (But if you do, you're in for a treat.)

BosMUN IX it is. MIT backed out, it's all BU now.

Oh well, then have an enjoyable time. Also, be nice to the college students. One of my days started at 8am and didn't end until 4am. I had hall monitor duty from 11pm-1am and then was part of the group that held the 2am emergency session. That was followed by a walk home from the kendall square marriot to kenmore square.

North End? This is Boston's best hidden secret. Bet you can't even find it. (But if you do, you're in for a treat.)

I concur that it's pretty good, and something of a secret, but it's hardly hidden--it has pole position on Hanover Street.
:eek:

California Pizza Kitchen? Oh nevermind you already decided. I think you should take them to dinner in a restaurant in Little Italy though. It's a must.

Little Italy is pretty far from Boston.

Also, be nice to the college students. One of my days started at 8am and didn't end until 4am. I had hall monitor duty from 11pm-1am and then was part of the group that held the 2am emergency session. That was followed by a walk home from the kendall square marriot to kenmore square.

I'm not supposed to know about the emergency session - shush. I get to wake up tomorrow morning at 4:00 am for my flight, and then Saturday morning at 1:00 am for the "crisis."

I found it. The food was great there but they put us in the basement and one of the pipes were dripping onto the table.

I'm not supposed to know about the emergency session - shush. I get to wake up tomorrow morning at 4:00 am for my flight, and then Saturday morning at 1:00 am for the "crisis."

Haha, the crisis. I did Harvard Model Congress when I was in high school. I did a shitty job arguing before the "Supreme Court". I should have taken the hint.

Your group may not be picked for an emergency session. When I volunteered, my group was the only one that got to do it....

If you really want it, I'd mention to your chair how much your looking forward to it. If your chair wants to go home....then there wont be one.

Well, the weekend was definitely a success. Can't believe how much I miss Boston. For all the complaining we do on this forum, the city is unbelievable, especially if you live in the Midwest for a few years. I can't wait to live in Boston post-college. It's no longer a question of if - it's a matter of when.

Ate at Joe's, Bristol Lounge, Legal, Durgin-Park, Boloco, Modern Pastry, Au Bon Pain, and of course, Dunkin Donuts. Believe it or not, the two girls went out on their own to Chinatown and got food in some "sketchy looking alley." I'm pretty sure they were closer to the Park Plaza area than Chinatown proper, but I'm proud of them for adventuring! All the other schools were terrified to leave the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Joe's was Friday for lunch, went with the male portion of the delegation, and they all had a great time. Bristol was with the same group, we had a short time for dinner and were still full from lunch, so we decided to get appetizers and coffee to prepare for the 7:45 p.m. committee session. Legal was Saturday lunch, most everyone was very pleased with the seafood - except the one who ordered a burger. While Durgin-Park was a great time and a great atmosphere (a table by the arched windows over Faneuil Hall,) I was a tad bit disappointed with the food. A $25 dollar plate of grilled swordfish should be a lot better than mine was. Boloco was in the 30 minutes between packing and closing ceremonies, and I was desperate because everyone else wanted to go to the food court at the Transportation Building. Modern Pastry was unimaginably good - I had a vanilla custard chocolate dipped cannoli and a cream puff. An airport security officer commented that "Modern is for the locals - that Mike's is a tourist trap." Finally, Au Bon Pain and Dunks, of course, were breakfast.

Jass, I was on the Crisis Committee that had a midnight session - the FARC kidnapped the US Ambassador to Colombia's son and his girlfriend, the daughter of a Colombian oil magnate. Due to my, ahem, flawless persuasion technique, I was able to arrange a negotiation between Colombia and the FARC in Venezuela (where the terrorists brought the hostages). Unfortunately, my Minister of Defense was kidnapped while sitting beside me in a supposedly "secure" negotiation room. Needless to say, it was my responsibility to rescue him and the other two hostages. A few more speeches, arguments, and directives later, I won "Best Delegate" for the Colombian Cabinet - the Minister of Defense won "Outstanding Delegate." Considering it was my first large-scale conference, I think it was very successful. Hopefully I'm not bragging too much, but I'm pretty damn proud of it.

I can't wait to live in Boston post-college. It's no longer a question of if - it's a matter of when.

Haha, that's what i used to say. And then I remembered I've yet to live in NYC... >_<

One more thing: Toby and Beton Brut were right in suspecting that women-folk would be a worthwhile pursuit at a Model UN conference. At private schools, attractive and intelligent aren't completely incompatible.

Thanks palindrome!

Back