Quaker Lane + Congress Square | Downtown

^ Shockingly apt. And in the age of discursive postmodernism (in the vein of Daniel Libeskind), packing tape isn't an out-of-the-question visual symbol for the joining of new and old elements in this project.

Is this natural brass, or copper or is it paint? If it is either of the first two I would hold my opinion until it weathers. If it is paint ... lets wait to see how it is lit at night. It is best that is not natural wood. No one should do real natural wood in this location EVER. If it is Composite Aluminum we should all hate it reflexively and without waiver.

cca

Looks like it should be part of the facade for one of those McDonald's play areas. Cheap cheap cheap.

After the project started coming together so nicely, this is sort of a rough way to wrap it up. I don't think it looks horrid, especially from afar, but it's not great. However am I wrong to say that this could probably be swapped out for a new material (copper, wood) if the developer isn't happy with how it turned out? It seems like it would be relatively easy for them to do so.

I'll guess paintable PVC and that's not the final color. If it is, it will grime and darken with time.

I'll guess paintable PVC and that's not the final color. If it is, it will grime and darken with time.

No way that someone is going to paint this. Paint is a maintenance headache on a normal wall. In this location it is almost impossible to maintain. I am going to guess that this is what we are getting.

BTW. I find this pretty interesting and not at all a disappointment. I am not calling anyone else wrong here but there is an edge to this element that I like.

cca

left up there, but done over in faux oxidized copper (green) epoxy.

left up there, but done over in faux oxidized copper (green) epoxy.

That would be the right call on this I think, or just natural copper that patinas to a warm brown (a la the MGH museum)

cca

I like the gesture but think the color is all wrong. Odurandina and CCA, you have the right idea.

My friend, the project architect on the hotel part of the project, appreciates the compliments from the members of this board.

My friend, the project architect on the hotel part of the project, appreciates the compliments from the members of this board.

Tell your friend he does not need our approval to be proud. Its a great job whatever the peanut gallery has to say.

cca

I wonder if it's supposed to look like a satin ribbon wrapped around the building? Which is sort of neat but god the up-close shots make it look cheap.

I wonder if it's supposed to look like a satin ribbon wrapped around the building? Which is sort of neat but god the up-close shots make it look cheap.

I actually like it, it's a playful contrast to the building below and it looks great (to me) in person.

I like that. It's so unique for this city.

Back