Quaker Lane + Congress Square | Downtown

48MXWtR.jpg

A restaurant called Bar Mercato will be opening up in the Hyatt Centric Hotel as part of this project

Aren't there already a dozen Bar/Cafe/Restaurant Mercatos?

There's something that strikes me as so ... uninspired about that name. It smacks of a generic, trendy, trying-too-hard-to-be-cool-while-skimping-on-service-and-food-quality corporate-owned Spanish fusion restaurant.

But let's see.

^ Italian, not Spanish, and sure, it is a generic name but I think you're reading way too much into it. Nothing wrong with keeping it simple when it comes to naming. Not to say this won't be a "generic, trendy, trying-too-hard-to-be-cool [...] corporate-owned" Italian restaurant, but I'd base that more on the fact that it is in a Hyatt Centric.

My office opened on Monday. The topmost floors won't be ready until March, but I thought you might like some of the views from inside from the 12th floor and below:

sRAmXBm.jpg

FC4R1Nh.jpg

YORQ5Os.jpg

918irPQ.jpg

8NhejXZ.jpg

w6QVdsd.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not crazy about the exposed ceiling on a new building (new floors) it doesnt seem to match my eye. Not sure what the alternative is other than a dated drop ceiling though....

The main part of my office is the same with the exposed ceiling and its freezing compared to a few offices and the kitchen which still have drop ceilings.

I'm not crazy about the exposed ceiling on a new building (new floors) it doesnt seem to match my eye. Not sure what the alternative is other than a dated drop ceiling though....

The main part of my office is the same with the exposed ceiling and its freezing compared to a few offices and the kitchen which still have drop ceilings.

Tough to judge without seeing a more zoomed-out view of the ceiling. There's no reason it should be freezing if it is a middle floor (or any floor if engineered properly).
I'm seeing lots of offices these days use a semi-exposed ceiling with drop-down accents, and (personally) find it can work well aesthetically. E.g.,

images

95d1118500c4302168021aa7c8ee11ea.jpg

4ab9fd8fb738aa9285624417bfdbce7e.jpg

1983_038D_banner_1.jpg

Last edited:
Standard King room on opening night: $549.

Centric must mean small.

They are smallish rooms as is typical of the brand. The focus, like many of these millennial themed hotels is on the common spaces and being an organic base from which to explore the destination. It's not dumb - they can squeeze more rooms into a smaller space because that's "what millennials want."

How does this hotel call itself Faneuil Hall?

I mean, it's right around the corner from Faneuil Hall. Hotels everywhere have taking farrrrrrr more liberty with slapping a location on their hotel's name. Hell, the Residence Inn on Brookline Avenue near Fenway Park brands itself as the Residence Inn by Marriott "Back Bay/Fenway." There's nothing Back Bay about it. The Centric, by comparison, is 500ft from Faneuil Hall.

Thank God they saved these incredible, wonderful buildings (below).

It blows my mind that there was ever a chance for their demolition....

Yet it be decreed; that 133 Fed must never so much has have a chip removed.

Only in Boston!

I feel like this has been posted before, but the Hyatt website has this rendering of an "activated" Quaker Lane:

wGd3PL1.jpg

Back