Quaker Lane + Congress Square | Downtown

All of the top floors are now open. The topmost floor is a cafeteria:

i1RriWr.jpg

Plenty of outdoor seating (too cold I suppose for it to be open now)

UWJcHYp.jpg

JxOwy96.jpg

bU882lR.jpg

6B0L1wC.jpg

This corner feels sort of like the prow of a ship:

gcfRG7B.jpg

An amphitheater for all hands meetings is on the two floors beneath the top:

5bgl21l.jpg

siXPXh1.jpg

It's difficult for me to come in this office as it is tempting to look out the windows instead of work. :)

se2FNiF.jpg

Is this complete or is there more construction elsewhere not shown in the photos?

Is this complete or is there more construction elsewhere not shown in the photos?

I think we still have 2 or 3 buildings on Congress to go. See #684 up thread.

I think we still have 2 or 3 buildings on Congress to go. See #684 up thread.

I looked upthread quickly but didn't see any comprehensive render page, but #684 does have link to a file... I'm quoting here the best single post of renders we have from a couple yrs ago, but I dont think anyone ever extracted all the images from the project proposal as we usually have. It looks like there's at least one other building to get added to for this.

Got some renderings on that site that have never been posted to this forum before, so here goes. I'd offer context, but my knowledge of the street names around there is a little dubious.

24353023954_4bdf6d0392_c.jpg

24616011119_b4a762a1ed_c.jpg

24356771073_565660c12d_c.jpg

24356771083_83fa5a141d_c.jpg

Beeline, as always, thank you for yiur incredible work.

Looking at those pictures, I certainly hope to see many humanoids on those streets around those beautiful buildings sometime soon once they become occupied.

Such a great project, but damn, I didn't realize it was to be done in phases! That's a disappointment, I was expecting it to be wrapped up sometime this summer or so.

All in all (the hotel should have been at least 5 stories taller) this is a master class in old/new coexistence.

Beeline, as always, thank you for yiur incredible work.

Looking at those pictures, I certainly hope to see many humanoids on those streets around those beautiful buildings sometime soon once they become occupied.

Yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting the final product. The architecture here is very good, but for it to be a complete "win" in my book, the little streets around it have to be as activated as the initial proposal/renderings suggest.

Looks amazing---The building architecture stays true to Boston's downtown heritage.

Yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting the final product. The architecture here is very good, but for it to be a complete "win" in my book, the little streets around it have to be as activated as the initial proposal/renderings suggest.

That was I was most excited about, too, but I'm a little worried about what I'm seeing. For starters, the restaurant doesn't appear to have any entrance to Quaker Lane - it's elevated a half a floor off the ground.

That was I was most excited about, too, but I'm a little worried about what I'm seeing. For starters, the restaurant doesn't appear to have any entrance to Quaker Lane - it's elevated a half a floor off the ground.

This is the exact thing that worried me when I walked past recently. Though the rendering above doesn't seem to show the restaurant with outdoor seating. It looks like it's all centered around the small building across the lane. I do get that the road surface would be the last thing to completed, I hope resurface it like the renderings.

Back