Quincy General Developments

stick n move

Reaction score
I was looking for somewhere to post this and I noticed quincy center and North Quincy station have their own threads but theres not a general thread. Quincy is technically past 128 so figured Id create a general thread.

Anyways the Quincy generals bridge and park are coming along nicely. Heres some photos and a link

bridge photo

the renders

Last edited:

bobthebuilder

Reaction score
I was looking for somewhere to post this and I noticed quincy center and North Quincy station have their own threads but theres not a general thread. Quincy is technically past 128 so figured Id create a general thread.

Anyways the Quincy generals bridge and park are coming along nicely. Heres some photos and a link

Here's an updated article with some photos from the dedication last month.

It's been a while since I've driven around that area, so pardon my ignorance on this question. Is this bridge actually needed? It's less than 600' from two other bridges & I don't see how it will improve throughput form one side of the tracks to the other. If anything it looks like they might have to add a traffic signal to Hancock St as it looks like this bridge will become a direct connection to the parking garage. I guess if you're trying to cut down on the Coffee Break<>TJ Max travel time then it's a win?

Plen-T-Pak

Reaction score
By the way, Quincy borders Boston and has 4 red line stops. It's clearly part of the greater city, like Malden, Medford, Revere, Watertown, etc, so why don't we put Quincy developments in the Greater Boston dev thread? 128 as a boundary is kinda silly considering the location of the split and shape of the coastline.

ctsketch

Reaction score
By the way, Quincy borders Boston and has 4 red line stops. It's clearly part of the greater city, like Malden, Medford, Revere, Watertown, etc, so why don't we put Quincy developments in the Greater Boston dev thread? 128 as a boundary is kinda silly considering the location of the split and shape of the coastline.
I agree

Plen-T-Pak

Reaction score
The tower has been dropped from this plan.

For Patriot Ledger subscribers:
"It just didn't really make sense to have such a tall, narrow building, so we decided to pivot away from that," Josh Kleinman, FoxRock's director of design and construction, said Monday. "That was really the only part of the project we'd received any negative feedback on, partially about the height and partially for the use."
Revised plans showing 2 story retail instead of tower:
1642001495439.png

1642001520466.png

Last edited:

beck4537

Reaction score

DZH22

Reaction score
The tower has been dropped from this plan.
"Some lunatic was screaming at a cloud, so we took it as a sign not to go tall." - Every developer in the area, for every project going forward until every lot is fully built out with either a fat lab or a shoddy 5 over 1 residential.

Arenacale

Reaction score
Round chorus of boos.

The garage is what's really disheartening, just returning that old Parkingway area to what it once was. Stepping sideways.

kingofsheeba

Reaction score
You have to wonder what goes into the mind of a NIMBY. Especially a Massachusetts one. And just when I thought that we had turned a corner…

Plen-T-Pak

Reaction score
"Some lunatic was screaming at a cloud, so we took it as a sign not to go tall." - Every developer in the area, for every project going forward until every lot is fully built out with either a fat lab or a shoddy 5 over 1 residential.
The horror
1642039538039.png

RandomWalk

Reaction score
If the tower had only been the lighter portion, it would have been something. However, the dark section makes it look awkward, with a lot of junk in its trunk.