Quincy General Developments

20221213_143300.jpg
20221213_143259.jpg

New building going up on Newport Ave across from the North Quincy Station

It's pretty surprising that it has taken so long for this entire area to be really built out with larger scale residential. Perfect for it - red line stop, full sized super market and other retail options all within a small area.

It's pretty surprising that it has taken so long for this entire area to be really built out with larger scale residential. Perfect for it - red line stop, full sized super market and other retail options all within a small area.
I do hope at some point Quincy will put Newport/Burgin on some kind of road diet (maybe in conjunction with fully double-tracking the Old Colony). It makes the side west of the tracks kind of unpleasant.

Hancock-Street-rendering.jpg

https://thequincysun.com/7-story-quincy-center-building-unveiled/

SEVEN-story building has been proposed for 1445 Hancock St. in Quincy Center, formerly home of Family Dollar. The building would house a two-story restaurant and 43 apartments. It would be located next to a planned civic space that would connect Hancock Street to McConville Way. This rendering shows the Hancock Street side of the development. Rendering courtesy RODE Architects.

This photo confirms for me a long-running suspicion I've had: that front yards are a huge waste of space.

Seriously. How often do we see people utilizing the greenspace in front of their houses? If you ever host parties, or grow vegetables, or partake in any other outdoor activity around your house, 98% of the time it's going to happen in the backyard.

Imagine how much bigger the backyards of these houses in Quincy would be if they sat right up against the sidewalk.

Quincy residential development finishes second construction phase
1688431358096.jpeg

“The second residential building in the Ashlar Park residential community is now complete and preleasing units for September occupancy.

Ashlar Park is located at 100 Whitwell St. near downtown Quincy.

The Skyline building is located on the northwestern side of the community, and it boasts extraordinary views of the Boston skyline. Its 132 apartments are a mix of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units and also include a pet wash station for community residents to use, as well as underground parking.

“The Skyline building brings a new set of top-of-the-line amenities to the new residents of Ashlar Park. We look forward to welcoming them home,” said Jamie Thompson, General Manager of Ashlar Park. “After such enthusiastic interest in the Harbor Building, we couldn’t be more excited to open preleasing at the Skyline Building.”

The Skyline building also boasts several outdoor amenities including lounges, a bocce court, fire pits, outdoor grills and kitchen, a multi-level pool deck and a roof deck. Inside, units include large closets, smart locks and thermostats, in-unit washers and dryers, wood flooring, quartz countertops and stainless-steel EnergyStar-rated appliances.

Developed by FoxRox Properties, the Ashlar Park community includes the adaptive reuse of the former Quincy Medical Center’s historical administration building. Once complete, the entire development will have 465 residential units.

Two more buildings in the development are slated for upcoming completion.The Harbor Building is expected to be ready for occupancy in late 2023 and the Quarry Building set for early 2024.”

https://bostonagentmagazine.com/202...velopment-finishes-second-construction-phase/

Shout out to @king_vibe. Water, mold, and structural damage in these massive, wood framed condos at Marina Bay due to defective weather proofing. Entire building must be stripped, repaired where there's damage, and reclad.

Sorry for paywall

For folks who don't have patriot ledger paywall access

So Quincy is about to eminent domain an active IHOP, Urgent care, and part of a public parking lot for a parking garage. I would link to the Patriot Ledger directly but it's paywalled. If anyone can purse more details out of it, that would be cool. Personally a 1000 car garage in Quincy feels off but that's based on my impression that it's a city on the Red Line and I don't seem to see anything from their political leaders in regard to the T despite dealing with the worst slow zones.

Didn't they just tear down a different parking garage on Parkingway in the last 10 years?

My family just visited Scituate from Oklahoma. One day while I took the whole crew into Boston to see the ViewBoston at the Prudential Center, my brother and his wife stayed behind because she was not feeling well. He texted me later that he was at IHOP. I was so surprised. I texted back "Where on earth did you find an IHOP near Scituate" and his response was "It's next to the Walmart" which told me absolutely nothing. So, I laughed and later figured out he had been to the Braintree IHOP. I didn't know that an IHOP or a Walmart existed near me, but I guess it was the first thing on an Oklahoma mind. He must have Googled "IHOP and Walmart near me" LOL

The future Parking garage is half mile from the T stop. Strange choice. Is the garage for T parking?

Back