Quincy General Developments

stick n move

Superstar
Reaction score
I was looking for somewhere to post this and I noticed quincy center and North Quincy station have their own threads but theres not a general thread. Quincy is technically past 128 so figured Id create a general thread.

Anyways the Quincy generals bridge and park are coming along nicely. Heres some photos and a link

bridge photo
KH7DXCC6BNBVDA6HALX4V5QFP4.png

the renders
perspective-b_1.jpg

perspective-a-not-cropped.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking for somewhere to post this and I noticed quincy center and North Quincy station have their own threads but theres not a general thread. Quincy is technically past 128 so figured Id create a general thread.

Anyways the Quincy generals bridge and park are coming along nicely. Heres some photos and a link

Here's an updated article with some photos from the dedication last month.

90ea7121-96cb-4c1f-945d-a1791615215d-0Y8A4233.JPG

eed557f2-c242-4fe8-873a-eb5df34156e4-0Y8A4542.JPG

It's been a while since I've driven around that area, so pardon my ignorance on this question. Is this bridge actually needed? It's less than 600' from two other bridges & I don't see how it will improve throughput form one side of the tracks to the other. If anything it looks like they might have to add a traffic signal to Hancock St as it looks like this bridge will become a direct connection to the parking garage. I guess if you're trying to cut down on the Coffee Break<>TJ Max travel time then it's a win?

By the way, Quincy borders Boston and has 4 red line stops. It's clearly part of the greater city, like Malden, Medford, Revere, Watertown, etc, so why don't we put Quincy developments in the Greater Boston dev thread? 128 as a boundary is kinda silly considering the location of the split and shape of the coastline.

By the way, Quincy borders Boston and has 4 red line stops. It's clearly part of the greater city, like Malden, Medford, Revere, Watertown, etc, so why don't we put Quincy developments in the Greater Boston dev thread? 128 as a boundary is kinda silly considering the location of the split and shape of the coastline.

I agree

The tower has been dropped from this plan.

For Patriot Ledger subscribers:
"It just didn't really make sense to have such a tall, narrow building, so we decided to pivot away from that," Josh Kleinman, FoxRock's director of design and construction, said Monday. "That was really the only part of the project we'd received any negative feedback on, partially about the height and partially for the use."

Revised plans showing 2 story retail instead of tower:
1642001495439.png

1642001520466.png

Last edited:
The tower has been dropped from this plan.

"Some lunatic was screaming at a cloud, so we took it as a sign not to go tall." - Every developer in the area, for every project going forward until every lot is fully built out with either a fat lab or a shoddy 5 over 1 residential.

Round chorus of boos.

The garage is what's really disheartening, just returning that old Parkingway area to what it once was. Stepping sideways.

You have to wonder what goes into the mind of a NIMBY. Especially a Massachusetts one. And just when I thought that we had turned a corner…

"Some lunatic was screaming at a cloud, so we took it as a sign not to go tall." - Every developer in the area, for every project going forward until every lot is fully built out with either a fat lab or a shoddy 5 over 1 residential.
The horror
1642039538039.png

If the tower had only been the lighter portion, it would have been something. However, the dark section makes it look awkward, with a lot of junk in its trunk.

Planning Board To Review Next Quincy Center Building Wednesday
LBC-rendering-scaled.jpg

“LBC Boston has proposed constructing a six-story building with 215 apartments and 12,330 square feet of retail space at the corner of Hancock Street and Revere Road in Quincy Center. The Planning Board will hold a public hearing on the proposal Wednesday evening. Rendering courtesy LBC Boston…”

https://thequincysun.com/planning-board-to-review-next-quincy-center-building-wednesday/

Planning Board To Review Next Quincy Center Building Wednesday
LBC-rendering-scaled.jpg

“LBC Boston has proposed constructing a six-story building with 215 apartments and 12,330 square feet of retail space at the corner of Hancock Street and Revere Road in Quincy Center. The Planning Board will hold a public hearing on the proposal Wednesday evening. Rendering courtesy LBC Boston…”

https://thequincysun.com/planning-board-to-review-next-quincy-center-building-wednesday/
Finally it seems the design quality is going up. To date, it's been a bunch of second rate developers cutting their teeth in places like Quincy.

Quincy targets Wollaston Center as next area for redevelopment, infrastructure improvements
Quincy is looking to designate Wollaston as an urban revitalization district, a zoning designation that would let the city drive redevelopment.

Officials from the city's planning and community development department presented to the planning board an urban revitalization district plan that explores zoning changes, development opportunities and upgrades needed to modernize the once-thriving Wollaston Center.

The plan identifies several areas of immediate redevelopment interest and touches on expanding land use and expedited permitting. If approved, it would designate much of the Wollaston area as an urban revitalization district, a special zoning designation that would give the city the broad authority to drive redevelopment, similar to how it has in Quincy Center.
Link to plan on city's website:

Back