Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

Those height figures are encouraging.

Need this great project to get moving.

Need this great project to get moving.

Haha, I think it's about damn time to get this project moving especially since it was approved back on 11/20/2013! Seriously, and the PNF was presented to the BRA on 10/30/2012!

That's a big market tease.
Now you need to follow through with the goods.

Am I the only person here who is not particularly excited about this, due to the building it will replace? I'd rather see bigger towers get built where they don't have to knock down historic buildings to do so. Instead those get scaled back and we slowly chip away at the fabric of Boston.

It's funny you know, in the renders it doesn't seem all that big.

But it's as tall as the Avalon/Nashua St tower, and will look good at this site.

a tower this thin going 650' would be epic. But you can't go higher because of the Shadow Police.

That said, the publicity for financing doesn't sound particularly encouraging. Damn thing was approved 28 months ago.... After Globe posters had been droning about another terrible project by an evil developer – i repeated about Trinity having provided extensive documentation to prove that their project was profitable on a razor thin margin – before getting the final ok.

Hope they're successful. This is a good one.

Financing doesn’t get lined up until you are ready to break ground. It’s a red hot market they will probably close debt and equity within next 120 days - from an investment perspective launching a fundraiser now is right on track. Also for a project this size they would be silly not to hire a capital markets advisor to assist with getting them the money needed to move forward.

I think it's a fair question to wonder why it will be over 2 1/2 years between approval and breaking ground. I mean, the approval process is already 5 times longer than in pretty much any other city. Why unnecessarily delay things further? (and quite a bit further in this and many other instances)

I think it's a fair question to wonder why it will be over 2 1/2 years between approval and breaking ground. I mean, the approval process is already 5 times longer than in pretty much any other city. Why unnecessarily delay things further? (and quite a bit further in this and many other instances)

I would assume that much of that time was devoted to lining up a hotel operator. Although they've spun it favorably I really can't imagine Raffles was their first, second or third choice.

I would assume that much of that time was devoted to lining up a hotel operator. Although they've spun it favorably I really can't imagine Raffles was their first, second or third choice.

For international visitors from Asia and Middle East who like to spend, it's a very well known brand. The chance that they can say it's their first/flagship property in North America gives the property some extra PR/marketing boost.

But yes, it's probably not who they were thinking off when this started off years ago!

Exactly. But Raffle's is a very solid score.

btw, do people know Accordia was most likely, planning a St. Regis at 115 Winthrop?

Exactly. But Raffle's is a very solid score.

btw, do people know Accordia was most likely, planning a St. Regis at 115 Winthrop?

And now it’s a meridien? Seaport got the st Regis flag don’t see two coming, Hyatt centric is coming to Devonshire st, citizen M to north station, now all we need is Gansevoort, Grand Hyatt, Thompson, Waldorf, Park Hyatt?

Of all the technical jargon tossed around on this site, Stoweker is the first person that I completely understand.

If he has seen the pitch book of a live deal, sadly, it is all materially important information and he can't share with us lot.

One more thing, I think I have said this up-thread, Raffles is a top luxury brand ex-US.

This is great for Boston, that Accor decided to enter the Raffles brand into the US market in Boston.

Probably in the minority here - but I would much rather see the existing building stay, especially given all the rest of the glass that will be going up in the area.

Seaport got the st Regis flag don’t see two coming,

Seaport building will NOT be a St. Regis hotel. Rather, condos under the St. Regis management flag. So there are still no St. Regis hotels planned/announced for Boston. Winthrop Square would be perfect but they may be not be interested in a Financial District location.

I'd also like to see a Peninsula Hotel somewhere in town one day.

Seaport building will NOT be a St. Regis hotel. Rather, condos under the St. Regis management flag. So there are still no St. Regis hotels planned/announced for Boston. Winthrop Square would be perfect but they may be not be interested in a Financial District location.

Accordia had an agreement with Starwood to put a St. Regis for a 280 room hotel and 185 condos in that lovely design tower if they had won the bid for 115 Winthrop Square....

Wait really? St Regis condos but no hotel? Does that exist ?

Back