Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

Looks like this thing has been quietly cooking along. Mat slab appears poured and what looked the start of some sort of crane base assembly going on today (12/28)
65AD54FD-3DC0-4998-9149-6862CF6FAC44.jpeg
23222B37-2755-47A3-8981-A592D5D4C518.jpeg
38D9978C-2B5F-45E2-B6B6-8ECAB30A34C5.jpeg

Man, Stuart Street is booming! I count at least 3 mid-sized towers on Stuart within 4 blocks over the next 2 years (212, 380 and 426 Stuart St).

That will bring some much needed life to that street.

Last edited:
A little excited about this one, us southern folks havent gotten to see much construction go up from our vista since Four Seasons

That core looks pretty big, 2 stairwells and the elevator bank I'm guessing. I assume the residences will have a different lobby / elevator core?

The size of the core might also be part of the "unique structural design" due to the cantilever over the University Club. I haven't seen the full details on the cantilever, but it doesn't seem too crazy to warrant 3-foot thick steel plates and a large core.

With regard to the "...steel plate girders, fabricated from three-foot thick steel plate", I am certain that is a typo for 3 inch-thick.
Exactly -- I bet if you went and tried to source even 12" thick steel plate these days -- you would find no takers
that was the kind of plate used for WWII battleship armor -- I doubt that there has ever been a commercially available 3 foot thick steel plate except in the form of an ingot which might be the raw material to forge a propeller shaft for a very very big ship or the armature of a very big turbo-generator for a nuclear power plant or Big Allis [a humongous steam turbine driven alternator powering about 1/4 of NYC]

Exactly -- I bet if you went and tried to source even 12" thick steel plate these days -- you would find no takers
that was the kind of plate used for WWII battleship armor -- I doubt that there has ever been a commercially available 3 foot thick steel plate except in the form of an ingot which might be the raw material to forge a propeller shaft for a very very big ship or the armature of a very big turbo-generator for a nuclear power plant or Big Allis [a humongous steam turbine driven alternator powering about 1/4 of NYC]
Please try harder to stay on topic.

Boy y
A little excited about this one, us southern folks havent gotten to see much construction go up from our vista since Four Seasons
Now you have this, Parcel 12, all the Fenway stuff, 252 Huntington Ave, Midtown Hotel Development, Kenmore Hotel, and potentially whatever happens to Hynes, Lord and Taylor and the Parcel 15 development. Very jealous of your view in circa 2-10 years lol

Didn't realize this one would cantilever over another building. I hope it's not too extreme. I honestly hate most cantilevered buildings.

Back