Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

9DD5940B-0C98-4E85-B10A-C3D96579D896.jpeg

Is this crown the full height that was expected? I'm just wondering if we'll need to revise down the height at all. In fact, I don't even know what is correct to begin with, but have seen both 446' and 452'.

I’m not so sure. There are a lot of reasons why that cladding could be there. If any portion of that roof space is accessible to to the public, you may need sound attenuation for mechanical equipment.

The glazed crown has been at the center of Raffles’s marketing campaign from the jump. Their website still shows it with the crown. The steel and the glass would have been submitted and approved quite a while ago, and we know that it exists because we saw some of it. I would bet that there were fitup or dimensional problems that need addressing before construction can resume.
Nailed it.

I saw this up close and it's actually a black fabric/netting. Definitely doesn't appear permanent, but an odd application. I've never seen a penthouse screen in recent Boston construction have this netting attached to it ahead of the final glass/ panels.

Might be fall/debris protection while they're working on the other side.

geez. this whole thing.. I remember building my first crown 🙄

NY Post article:

"Now, Raffles will bypass the major metropolises and luxury hotel scenes of Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Miami to instead open its first North American location in Boston, the land of the Pilgrims and birthplace of Dunkin’ Donuts."
:rolleyes: keep it classy NY post

"Now, Raffles will bypass the major metropolises and luxury hotel scenes of Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Miami to instead open its first North American location in Boston, the land of the Pilgrims and birthplace of Dunkin’ Donuts."
:rolleyes: keep it classy NY post
The Post is written exclusively for Long Island psychos in sundown towns who only venture into the city to see Billy Joel at the Garden and cower at the sight of black people.

Back