Revere Beach Developments/infill | Revere

But it's not related at all. As I said, the garage is on the other side of the station, and isn't related to any potential activity on the Revere Beach side. And that is not speculation.

8685914487_35726cbedf_b.jpg

8687031576_26fbc6cd51_b.jpg

8687030330_7eae1692c4_b.jpg

Looks expensive for what it is.

Still, more pretty infrastructure like this, plz?

I see the silver line elevators reproduced

Can't believe this over-the-top bridge still hasn't been open. It's looked complete for months...

Also, Rep. Edward Markey named the bridge for his parents, without any community input or notice. This is the third thing he has named after his parents.

At first I thought this was the little cable-stay bridge that carries the bike path over the Charles River somewhere out in Watertown or Waltham.

Rep. Edward Markey named the bridge for his parents, without any community input or notice. This is the third thing he has named after his parents.

What a dirtball.

The only bigger dirtball move would be, as an acting congressman, to name the bridge after yourself to tickle your vainglory, then tell the unwitting "schmucks" you represent that it is named after your dear old parents, knowing fully well that in 50 or 100 years no one will remember anything about the name "Markey" but that there was a Representative (soon to be Senator) by that name.

... And I'm sure that's exactly what our estimable Senator Markey has done. Dirtball.

In other news, the new bridge has "looked" complete since shortly after Memorial Day, but as of mid-week, last week, still hadn't been open to the public. Not sure if that changed this weekend, but it might be nice to actually let people use the bridge before the beach season is over.

In other news, the new bridge has "looked" complete since shortly after Memorial Day, but as of mid-week, last week, still hadn't been open to the public. Not sure if that changed this weekend, but it might be nice to actually let people use the bridge before the beach season is over.

It opened on July 4th, I'm told. I walked the area the night of the 6th and alot of people we exploring the new plaza and bridge. I was surprised to find that on the northern edge of the plaza, there's no fencing. I'm waiting for someone to fall down onto the Blue Line overhead wires and then have the MBTA ruin the view of the Wonderland mini-train-yard for everyone. I'm almost positive it has been 100% complete, and they really just wanted to wait for the 4th is all...

A friend just showed this to me. Was this ever posted??

Waterfront Square at Revere Beach

Eurovest’s current lead project is Waterfront Square at Revere Beach, a
$500 million transit-oriented development that is transforming an aging train station and 8.8 acres of dilapidated parking lots into a gleaming new destination for living, working and entertainment. It will be the first truly transformative real estate development to take place on the coast just north of Boston in many decades.

So far, the Waterfront Square development team has been instrumental in getting this complex project permitted and in attracting $70 million in critically needed funding for public infrastructure improvements. The funding has been used to build a 1,465-car parking garage, a totally renovated train station, a public plaza and a one-of-a-kind pedestrian bridge that links the train station directly to Revere Beach. As all that comes together, Eurovest is teaming with Covington Realty Partners, LLC of Chicago, to develop The Vanguard at Waterfront Square, a 194-unit apartment community, as the first of six private sector phases of the Waterfront Square build out.

http://www.eurovestdev.com/wordpress/waterfront-square/
http://www.eurovestdev.com/wordpress/waterfront-square/plan/

WFS-Full-Buildout-Site-Plan-BldgID-LowRes.jpg

Warning: Possibly is very old/outdated.

I love the parking lot in front of the garage. Perfect use of waterfront property.

I love the parking lot in front of the garage. Perfect use of waterfront property.

That's what caught my attention too. I don't understand Arrowstreet's thinking. I was also unaware that Arrowstreet was the architect for both the Wonderland garage and bridge. I found both projects on their website while looking for info about Waterfront Square (which they neglect to feature in their "Planning" portfolio section).

Back