Rose Kennedy Greenway

NOW you are seeing why the PARADES and incamptment of REVOLUTIONAY soldiers and LEADERS will work here!!! With SYMFONY of JFK<RFK and EMK speech in this background of greeness.

Maybe now AT LAST you getting my point

OUR FUTURE IS HISTORY!!!!

If our future is history, wouldn't it stand to say that we're repeating history, which of course, would make us all fools?

No, it's remembering history, not repeating it.

If you remember it, you won't repeat the dark parts.

(Anyway, that's the theory.)

Oh, come on now, I was just trying to test his little quote!

NOW you are seeing why the PARADES and incamptment of REVOLUTIONAY soldiers and LEADERS will work here!!! With SYMFONY of JFK<RFK and EMK speech in this background of greeness.

Maybe now AT LAST you getting my point

OUR FUTURE IS HISTORY!!!!

Exactly, our future is history, just like the Bruin's playoff run this year is history.

This little poem by our former Poet Laureate could be about our sad, benighted Greenway:

Keeping Things Whole

by Mark Strand

In a field
I am the absence
of field.
This is
always the case.
Wherever I am
I am what is missing.

When I walk
I part the air
and always
the air moves in
to fill the spaces
where my body?s been.

We all have reasons
for moving.
I move
to keep things whole.​

Holy shit. This should be inscribed on a monument in massive letters on the Greenway, next to a permanent resurrection of Mumbles' "Rome wasn't built in a day" sign that used to greet motorists trapped in the construction hell of the Big Dig.

Greenway draft guidelines released, drama expected
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/news/getting_real/?p=223

Draft guidelines for the new Rose Kennedy Greenway have been released. Height and density recommendations show a number of winners and losers in the downtown Boston real estate market.

The Boston Redevelopment Authority has been working with its consultants, Utile, Greenberg Consultants, HR&A Advisors, and Nelson/Nygaard, over the last year and a half on the Greenway District Planning Study. There have been seven public meetings held as part of this process.

As you can see from the BRA draft rendering (click on image to enlarge), if the guidelines are adopted, heights will vary widely on the Greenway.

As expected, the approved height for the parcel currently the site of the New England Aquarium Garage (not owned by the Aquarium, btw) is limited to 200-feet, well below the height preferred by Boston developer Donald Chiofaro, who has released renderings showing two towers at that site, one that is well-over 500 feet tall.

The BRA seems to expect that buildings of density will someday soon be built on the parcel currently the site of the Congress Street Garage as it has drawn in several mid-rise and high-rise towers.

Meanwhile, down in Chinatown, it looks as if a new tower on the site of the Dainty Dot building is a go as is the Hudson Street (Parcel 24) affordable housing project.

Of interest is that several new projects I?ve heard little about are shown. The first is a high-rise (150-200′) on the ?Hardware/NSTAR? site near South Station and Dewey Square, a mid-rise (6-10 stories, 175′) tower on the site of what was Hook Lobster and a 200′ tower across Northern Avenue where the US Coast Guard building now stands.

(In a sign of hope springing eternal, the rendering shows the ?South Station Tower? as being built. This project, proposed by Hines Interests and TUDC, a subsidiary of Tufts University, has been considered ?moribund? or ?left for dead? by many, for several years.)

The guidelines are focused solely on the land abutting the Greenway and not on-top of the Greenway. So, there?s no building shown above the ramps facing the North End, no sign of the proposed new YMCA.

The release of the draft kicks off a 30-day public review / comment process after which the BRA will present final guidelines to the BRA Board of Directors (on 22 June).

Once the Board adopts the guidelines, they will be used as part of the City?s Article 80 Development Review Process.

More information: http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...nitsIndividual.asp?action=ViewInit&InitID=145

The mayor and the BRA really stuck it to Chiofaro Aquarium sight. The only sight that won't see height. Looks personal to me. I hope he signs 99 year leases at the parking garage then renames it the Mayor Menino Parking Garage.

I guess we get to look at Harbor Towers and that ugly garage as a key entry point for representing the Greenway. Gotta love business in this city with these corrupt idiots.

I think I'll go sit on the greenway somewhere and read my text book. I'm a little behind on my homework.... at least someone will be using it then.

the mayor and Chiofaro should just trade garage sites (I'm sure this has been said before) Let Chiofaro build Tommy's tower as high as he wants,and let the city developed the garage site, oh yeah they tried that already- Winthrop Sq.

This prompted me to question whether Menino is even married or has children.

He is and has a son and daughter.

Daughter, on right:

IMG_9003.JPG

Can't even find one of his son.

Back