Rose Kennedy Greenway

The pricing there's pretty good for craft beer. 10 bucks a pour isn't unheard of. $2 Buds are around the corner at Coogan's if that's more your speed.
Pretty good because we're used to it, or pretty good because 50 cents an ounce is reasonable pricing?

There's a big middle ground between $2 Buds, and $8-10 "craft beer".

Then again, it's $12-20 bucks for decent to good scotch, and a pour of that is maybe 3 ounces if you're lucky. So, that's $4-7 and ounce.

In my mind there is a big difference between spirits and beer of course.

I was at Trillium last night, and granted I got the $9 beer (most expensive one), they did have one for $5 and others were $6 and $7. Not terrible considering I was out back the Intercontinental earlier and all their bottled beers (no draft) are $8.50, including Bud Light and Corona...:confused:

Get a 32oz growler from their brewery. You can it refilled for $4-6 per 16 ounces depending on the beer you get. Not a bad price for fresh local beer that is also fantastic. It's pretty insane to see how big their reputation has become in such a short period of time.

Under the plan, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation's annual contributions to the nonprofit that runs the urban park would go from $2 million in fiscal 2017 down to $750,000 in fiscal 2020 and future years.
MassDOT Assistant Secretary for Policy Coordination Kate Fichter said the owners of 20 commercial properties agreed to work with the nonprofit group A Better City to create a Business Improvement District, which would contribute $1 million annually to the park over the next few years. The city would establish a Greenway support fund financed with $5 million from the anticipated sale of the Winthrop Square garage site, according to Fichter, who said the city expects to generate $250,000 annually for the Central Artery park.
Under the six-year agreement with MassDOT, the state will pay the conservancy $1.25 million in fiscal 2018, plus a $500,000 advance, and then $1 million in fiscal 2019, and $750,000 in future years. The state will provide capital maintenance funding capped at an average of $360,000 per year, under the deal.

The Business Improvement District starting in fiscal 2020 would seek an additional $500,000 annually for the Greenway, according to MassDOT.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/06/19/greenway-funding-deal

What goes on in that big white tent near the Aquarium in BeeLine's first pic of post 6206?

^^^^
That's homeland security for NIMBYS

Ha.. though I wouldn't have been terribly surprised if that had been true. Was walking around the area on Sunday and noticed the steel barriers around the surrounding areas of the East India Row towers with signage that read something along the lines of "Access restricted to tower residents and guests."

Now had the same signs been anywhere near the Seaport, there would be bitterness and lost minds for sure!

BeeLine, those first two pictures in your second post are absolutely gorgeous. (the rest are nice two, but those stand out to me)

Ha.. though I wouldn't have been terribly surprised if that had been true. Was walking around the area on Sunday and noticed the steel barriers around the surrounding areas of the East India Row towers with signage that read something along the lines of "Access restricted to tower residents and guests."

Now had the same signs been anywhere near the Seaport, there would be bitterness and lost minds for sure!

Those barriers went up for the Tall Ships event, I noticed they also put up barriers all along the perimeter edges of Long wharf

1DlzMyx.jpg

Harbor Tower Residents new signage.

This part of the Greenway and waterfront is not open to the public.
Please stay on your side.

Back