Rose Kennedy Greenway

I drove by the Greenway this weekend (as hard as Menino could believe) and there were many people walking/participating in activities on the entire length of the Greenway. Of course, there were much more people walking on the sides of Atlantic Ave., than the Greenway parcels themselves.

This weekend was a well-publicized special event on the Greenway: FIGMENT Boston. That's what brought all the people out (including me from about 4:30 to 6:30 Saturday afternoon)

unsure whats going on here>
007-22.jpg
008-19.jpg
010-23.jpg
019-23.jpg

unsure whats going on here>
007-22.jpg

"An investigation into the cause of all the Big Dig leaks has turned up an unexpected source. It has been found that water is ponding on the tunnel roof with nowhere to go but through the concrete ceiling. Also tonight at 11, Mayor Menino makes himself look like a fool.... again."

"Mayor Menino makes himself look like a fool"

The only fools now are the voters. This guy has already showed his true colors. Anybody who is a career political hack is a complete loser.

Anthony Wiener for President.

That is a concrete (underwater b/c of rain) footing for new public art on loan from DeCordova. There is another square footing just out of sight. I think it is supposed to be installed in a few weeks.

I drove by the Greenway this weekend (as hard as Menino could believe) and there were many people walking/participating in activities on the entire length of the Greenway. Of course, there were much more people walking on the sides of Atlantic Ave., than the Greenway parcels themselves.
It is what it is. A glorified median strip. But is does have some redeemable value. I think that the new Boston Harbor Island ticket booths are okay. There has to be more for families. What happened to the YMCA Center/Museum that was supposed to be in place by now?

Also Boston02124...that pic of the greenway with it being torn up...is...disturbing...says alot about king menino

Stub your toe? Menino's fault.

Red Sox lose? Menino's fault.

Raining? Menino's fault.

I'm no apologist for the guy, but some people get a little carried away.

Stub your toe? Menino's fault.

Red Sox lose? Menino's fault.

Raining? Menino's fault.

I'm no apologist for the guy, but some people get a little carried away.

Menino has been a lifer in politics. He makes all the calls on this city.
He actually has too much power at this point.

He controls what is built and what isn't built in the city through zoning laws. He can break them anytime he wants as he would claim it is for the best interst of the city.
He gives taxpayer loans and taxpayers incentives to certain projects but not others.
How is the city's school systems?
How is the crime rate compared to the past?

If you really believe the Mayor deserves to continue to be a lifer than your an idiot. We need term limits for any political hack Even if the Mayor is doing a good job it is always a good idea to have a different perspective in life.
He has the majority of voters paid off by taxpayers money. The city of Boston is the 2nd largest employer in the city. Alot of voters depend on the Mayor and not on a positive way.
Basically our Govt has taken out the MOB and pushed the political scum in that type of role. At least the Mob had balls to kill people who were standing in their way. Our political scum just make laws to game the system.

WAKE UP

what does the mayor have to do with the Rose Kennedy Greenway, which is a state park built by the state on top of a state highway?

what does the mayor have to do with the Rose Kennedy Greenway, which is a state park built by the state on top of a state highway?

The mayor is controlling what should and should not be built on the Greenway. How is he controlling it is by the BRA. He has everything to do with how the Greenway turns out.
Wasn't he the first hack to start promoting shadow laws and the Greenway Study?
Menino is 100% involved and responsible on this median strip turns out.

I never said Menino was dumb. I actually think he is very cunning and plays the moron to a tee to keep the Feds off his back.
"Look this guy is a moron he can't be stealing he is to stupid."

If you notice our attorney general has not prosecuted one political hack since she has been in office. She is either inept or part of a society of corruption.

Last edited:
I saw Menino digging up that grass himself.

I think that is a lie, But he did promote giving 10 Million of the taxpayers dollars to support the Vertex deal to relocate to Fan Pier which probably could have fixed the patches on the grass instead.

Menino has been a lifer in politics. He makes all the calls on this city.
He actually has too much power at this point.

He controls what is built and what isn't built in the city through zoning laws. He can break them anytime he wants as he would claim it is for the best interst of the city.
He gives taxpayer loans and taxpayers incentives to certain projects but not others.
How is the city's school systems?
How is the crime rate compared to the past?

If you really believe the Mayor deserves to continue to be a lifer than your an idiot. We need term limits for any political hack Even if the Mayor is doing a good job it is always a good idea to have a different perspective in life.
He has the majority of voters paid off by taxpayers money. The city of Boston is the 2nd largest employer in the city. Alot of voters depend on the Mayor and not on a positive way.
Basically our Govt has taken out the MOB and pushed the political scum in that type of role. At least the Mob had balls to kill people who were standing in their way. Our political scum just make laws to game the system.

WAKE UP
Also, I think while people might think that he is a good guy (I would love to have a beer with him. He seems like that type of guy), he cannot micromanage a city and expect to thrive on his terms. He didn't make me stub thy toe, but I can go down a laundry list of things that he has done to hurt the city of Boston.

Also, I didn't know where to put this.

http://www.bostonherald.com/busines...inch_triangle_project/srvc=home&position=also

Stop & Shop has backed out of the One Canal project in Bulfinch Triangle after months of negotiations, the developer announced today.

Trinity Financial Inc., which took over the $150 million project last summer, said it is now seeking a different supermarket to anchor the mix of retail and apartments.

?We are disappointed at this turn of events, especially after we had been having detailed discussions with Stop & Shop since last fall and believed we had essentially reached an agreement,? said Sarah Barnat, senior project manager for Trinity Financial, in a statement.

?Nevertheless, we remain optimistic about the future development of this complicated site, even if it means finding another appropriate supermarket operator to serve the neighborhood.?

The loss of Stop & Shop is sure to disappoint many residents of the North End and West End who were looking forward to a full-service supermarket coming to the area.

Trinity said the grocery giant ?is now concentrating on occupying another site in the neighborhood.?

A spokeswoman for Quincy-based Stop & Shop declined to comment on Trinity?s announcement, saying the chain?s real estate strategy is ?highly confidential and proprietary.?

Trinity still plans to include a supermarket on the second floor of One Canal, with other shops on the ground floor below and apartments on the floors above.

One Canal would be built on three parcels owned by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation and MBTA. The state tapped Trinity in August after another developer?s plan for an office and retail project fizzled.

Trinity developed the 241-unit Avenir apartment complex above North Station, selling the rental housing to Archstone Smith.

Where else would S&S go that's in the North End? I can't think of where they plan on going...

Back