Rose Kennedy Greenway

looks good.

but "urban exchange" is that like a joke?

needs something like 'Palermo Market' signage wtf.

add arched entrance, overhang and a big clock.

So this group styling itself "Friends & Employees Of The Greenway" released this scathing and massive indictment of the Greenway today. Alleging all kinds of shady accounting practices and duplicitous behavior by the Exec. Director and his "complacent" board of directors:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1y3tagd7q78v6jt/AACKd8qGBtYch9ZWAzu-iYqMa?dl=0

A few notes:

1.) My connection with the Greenway is quite tangential/distant; I have no idea why I was so "privileged" as to obtain this... assuming many many other folks with similarly very minor connections received this today.

2.) Wonder if it was sent to the Herald. If so, they should have the proverbial field day with it, given how they so gleefully crucified the prior Exec. Director a few years back when she carelessly emailed the Herald reporter who was pestering her about her pay.

3.) Wonder if it got to sent to Stephanie Pollack/folks at MassDOT who count.

4.) If it really is current employees, then just... wow, in terms of what it says about the current state of morale there, the divisions between the "blue-collar" labor and the "white collar" executive management, etc. It is literally inconceivable to burn your bridges any more thoroughly, in terms of being an employee with a grievance. They absolutely saw no other recourse other than such a scorched-earth tactic? Again, wow.

5.) Rifleman, you're welcome for the lifetime of fodder about how DISGUSTING it is that these quasi-public HACKS are so shamelessly RIPPING-OFF honest taxpayers with this allegedly DEPLORABLE behavior.

6.) To everyone not named Rifleman on this board... well, I'm sorry. But I figured the importance of letting this community review these allegations and ponder them outweighs the annoyance of knowing Rifleman will be quoting from this until his demise or that of this board, whichever comes first.

Enjoy...

The existing plaza was created when Cross Street was straightened as part of the Central Artery / Big Dig project. So, I was hoping that any redevelopment of this parcel would fill in the plaza and create a retail frontage right along the realigned Cross Street, with a respectably wide sidewalk of course, but no plaza.

So, here we are with a proposal that perpetuates the unfortunate plaza. Ugggh!

Exhibit A for an example of a lack of basic attention to urban design principles/ planning within the BRA. You would think the city would be encouraging a better street wall and more activation on this parcel rather than allowing an open plaza and driveway to remain, particularly since the greenway needs a better sense of enclosure in these parts.

Exhibit A for an example of a lack of basic attention to urban design principles/ planning within the BRA. You would think the city would be encouraging a better street wall and more activation on this parcel rather than allowing an open plaza and driveway to remain, particularly since the greenway needs a better sense of enclosure in these parts.

Will the civic design commission have to weigh in on this? (Pardon my novice understanding of the process)

Will the civic design commission have to weigh in on this? (Pardon my novice understanding of the process)

Yes they will. And don't worry about being a novice to the process: I, too, was clueless when I joined years ago, but that's why you're here-- to learn.

I was so hoping for a bank, a Starbucks and a Verizon store.

Jeffdowntown -- What no Rooftop Al Fresco Dining?

If there was a place on the Greenway for rooftop dining -- this is it -- still it sure beats the old Martignetti Liquors ;)

What I love about the GREENWAY is that MASSIVE CONCRETE WALL BLOCKING Any-type of access to the ocean. Thank God for the Chap91 Law protecting the public's best interest.

Hope that never changes:
Makes the Greenway feel so positive.

:confused:

Greenway appoints investigator after critical report

Globe article about some sort of whistleblower's report about finances and over budget Echelman art piece.

See my post six above yours where I linked to said whistleblower's report, if anyone cares to read the whole long massive manifesto/screed/indictment. (I gave it a quick skim. As the saying goes, "presentation is key," and they certainly don't help their cause with some embarrassing misspellings, including "grovernor Baker" or something.)

The big scandal on the Greenway is the nimby groups stopping the sinking of the Harbor Garage and jobs for Boston. It is an absolute disgrace.

Last edited:
The big scandal on the Greenway is the nimby groups stopping the sinking of the Harbor Garage and jobs for Boston. It is an absolute disgrace.

Yes. I agree. This is what I realized when our so called planning agency (BRA) did not have the best interest of the PUBLIC.

Ask yourself these question: The corruption is right infront of everybody's eyes they just plan to ignore it.

#1 The BRA gave the greenlight towards the Seaport District with unlimited tax incentives & breaks and no PLAN to handle the upcoming Traffic nightmare.
#2 Then creates BID (another tax) on the Downtown businesses to clean up the streets. Only to realize they were double taxing successful business to subsidize Fallon Fan Pier. Then claims they are create jobs. (how is that legal?)

#3 So the planning agency ignores the above garages downtown then builds out a sprawling Seaport/innovation district that creates useless traffic around the city and leaves barriers of concrete walls affecting the waterfront which are located in the central core of the city on a well efficient transit grid.
#4 And now you have a non-profit 1%er's Bitching about chap 91. Chiofaro/PRU did not build the concrete wall. They are trying to create something good for the public by taking the wall out. HOW are they the enemy?

Please enlighten on the BRA planning process. How many of those people at the BRA were Menino butt buddies.

I can deal with corruption but when the corruption starts to effect my life style by sitting in traffic all-day.

And I'm tired of listening to the morons on this board saying we'll drive off-hours then their wouldn't be traffic.
We'll some people have structured lives where they need to be someone by a certain time.

That is how view this entire situation.
BUILD CHIOFARO'S/PRU Two Tower Proposal It looks amazing and would do wonders for the GREENWAY.

Hopefully Golden and Walsh clean up the BRA. Because they would have amazing legacy's and GOOD luck to them.

Last edited:
See my post six above yours where I linked to said whistleblower's report, if anyone cares to read the whole long massive manifesto/screed/indictment. (I gave it a quick skim. As the saying goes, "presentation is key," and they certainly don't help their cause with some embarrassing misspellings, including "grovernor Baker" or something.)

I did see it! Thanks for posting. In any case, to be 200% over budget on something is a bit wacky.

Everybody new the entire Greenway Conservancy was a bunch of hired Political favors which added no value at all just more expenses.

I still remember when the Mayor/Commonwealth wanted to slap down the Greenway Tax on the businesses located in the area.

Last edited:
The only reason the Greenway is an amazing Strip is the location:

It runs in between the buildings on both sides with pockets connected to the Waterfront.

When visiting last week I could not believe the energy in the area on the Greenway.
Tourists hanging out at the Cafe's:
Outdoor bars

That AREA is priceless. Move over Beverly Hills the Greenway is Boston's priceless realestate.

We need some updated pictures on this area.

Everybody new the entire Greenway Conservancy was a bunch of hired Political favors.

I still remember when the Mayor/Commonwealth wanted to slap down the Greenway Tax on the businesses located in the area.

Not sure about the hired political favors part, but a Greenway BID would go a long way to getting the Greenway/Conservancy off of state funds.

Back