Rose Kennedy Greenway

^ I'm just wondering what makes you think that you are more of a "bostonian" than the rest of us? You were born and bred bostonian...but the other 95% of archboston that grew up in the area isn't?

How about we build something that improves the city, instead of a bunch of crackpots skinning sheep and churning butter in the middle of the downtown boston.

I agree on Lurker. For an out of towner he is usually pretty sharp. Anyway, this sheepskinning thing of Patrriots is farfetched, so I am not for it. THROWN FOR A LOSS on that idea Drew Bledsoe!!! BUT, take another example of important history, the GREAT FIRE. Why not have fire effects, or period fire drills. You have a fire station right there.

Or you could do a Stations of the Cross type thing on each block. Not Religion. I am all for it, though. But I'm talking about, like here is a glass case of important artifacts we dug up here. Or on the next block, here is a replica of a clipper ship. Or on the next block here are the Native relics we dug up.

Whoa, thrown out of bounds!! Tom Brady! International pilgrimage to the Greenway for stations with relics of the clippership and firestation... THE HUB! No Amish relics... Sacked for a ten yard loss!

I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Wait, no, what I actually mean is that you're on my ignore list. Bye.

I don't think we need gimmicks, i.e., revolutionary reinactments on the Greenway. As someone else said this is not a theme park, and I agree, but I would like to see more sculpture and fountains. If we can't have buildings on these parcels, how about some large stone monuments, such as a giant obelisk similar to the Bunker Hill monument, with the names of famous Bostonians carved on it, or a giant marble arch, something like that. I would love to see some pergolas similar to the ones on Christopher Columbus Park with wysteria for shade and benches underneath on several of the parcels. Surely the Conservancy realizes that there are no shaded areas to sit and relax anywhere. Many more trees are needed here, especially on the borders of the "parks" to block off the traffic.

I almost ALWAYS agree with where you are coming from, BUT... why not make it a theme park??? Of BOSTON history!!! Not all these memorials of tradgedys from other countries! And you already have that statute thing on Comm Ave, you know, like George Washington and that guy by the public gardens gate that looks like a bum. (LOL!!!) It could be very exciting, and I think people from other areas would flock to it because they don't have this kind of history. Why must everyone be so NEGATIVE and shunning on this forum to new and young ideals??? ARE YOU ALL 77? (Sorry. Shouldn't go negative. forgive me. I am so excited here:) :) :)

I almost ALWAYS agree with where you are coming from, BUT... why not make it a theme park??? Of BOSTON history!!! Not all these memorials of tradgedys from other countries! And you already have that statute thing on Comm Ave, you know, like George Washington and that guy by the public gardens gate that looks like a bum. (LOL!!!) It could be very exciting, and I think people from other areas would flock to it because they don't have this kind of history. Why must everyone be so NEGATIVE and shunning on this forum to new and young ideals??? ARE YOU ALL 77? (Sorry. Shouldn't go negative. forgive me. I am so excited here:) :) :)

My dear young Bostonbred, I admire your passion, but the Greenway simply is not the setting for such a theme park. A Boston historical theme park would be fun if done correctly, but it belongs perhaps on the waterfront somewhere, where maybe some ships could be anchored and be a part of it. The Greenway, as I see it, should be a place of total tranquility, a place to relax and get away from the stress of the city. I envision it to be much more like the Post Office Square park.

while we are at it lets persecute the goth chicks from emerson on the common! the germans would love it!

seriously. born and bred in boston... lets not make it williamsburg. imitation is he most sincere form of flattery. how about we imitate the development patterns of our colonial past, instead of a parody of trifold hats and muskets? the greenway should be the future of boston. the las ramblas on america?

Last edited:
Actually the folks at Williamsburg dump on Boston at every chance they get. My history teacher interrupted one of their anti-north rants with the question "Didn't the virginians have to eat dogs to survive once?". That shut them up good.

The reason we have monuments to tradgedies in other countries is because we are part of a global community, you know people who care for other people. The world does not revolve around Boston.

I think our Boston theme park should have a roller coaster that goes all around the emerald necklace and over to bunker hill. It will be miles long, but it will have loops. Maybe if its good we can use it to replace the T.

LOL, Chooch!!!
BUT, seriously, IMHO you could keep Meadowawk's vision and save the open space by having a SUFFOLK COUNTY FAIR! A week or 2. Like the brockton county fair. It would PACK the Greenway with people and activity!!
But you less Boston history sensitive types are too quick on that other stuff. Imagine the Boston Massacre EVERY DAY!!! Close State st for 2 hrs every day around noon for renactments with citizens and soldiers retreating to the greenway. (Did you know that it used to be called KING ST? I see CHANGING OF THE GUARDS.) You already have the Honorable Ancient Artillery and they could use the work, probably, and get volunteers for another division.
It would be history corect too for the 18th c. They used to have these fairs and parades if you read up on it some.
The point of some of us is that Boston history is LIKE NO OTHER, and just because developers tear it down and sell it that doesn't mean we cant't too!!!

Last edited:
LOL, Chooch!!!
BUT, seriously, IMHO you could keep Meadowawk's vision and save the open space by having a SUFFOLK COUNTY FAIR! A week or 2. Like the brockton county fair. It would PACK the Greenway with people and activity!!
But you less Boston history sensitive types are too quick on that other stuff. Imagine the Boston Massacre EVERY DAY!!! Close State st for 2 hrs every day around noon for renactments with citizens and soldiers retreating to the greenway. (Did you know that it used to be called KING ST? I see CHANGING OF THE GUARDS.) You already have the Honorable Ancient Artillery and they could use the work, probably, and get volunteers for another division.
It would be history corect too for the 18th c. They used to have these fairs and parades if you read up on it some.
The point of some of us is that Boston history is LIKE NO OTHER, and just because developers tear it down and sell it that doesn't mean we cant't too!!!

Dude are you serious or are you just another troll on this board?

WTF? MEHH!!! You outhale a destroyorgy of anybud with NEW and DIFFERENT ideas!!! This is BOSTON, not Hitler incase you didn't notice!!!!

So. My idea just wants to capitilize on Boston. But ok some of you dont want it but its TIME WILL COME!!!

I think I may make "This is BOSTON, not Hitler" my new .sig file.

WTF? MEHH!!! You outhale a destroyorgy of anybud with NEW and DIFFERENT ideas!!! This is BOSTON, not Hitler incase you didn't notice!!!!

So. My idea just wants to capitilize on Boston. But ok some of you dont want it but its TIME WILL COME!!!

please define the following

Mehh
outhale
destroyorgy
anybud

Back