Route 128 Developments

^^ Well let?s put it like this. If I were to show up to work and the building were to magically explode w/o anyone dying, I?d light a joint w/ the flaming brick that landed near my foot, hop in my car, peel out, and laugh the entire ride home.

Did they take away your red Swingling stapler? ;)

I don't even have a stapler. I'm more like Michael Bolton hatting the fax machine.

Obviously to each his own, but I prefere 9 - 5. I'll put up w/ bullshit from thoses designated hours mon - fri. After that go fuck yourself I'm going to live my life.

Not sure that you are reading him right. Certainly some companies want your soul 24/7, and the traditional 9 to 5 is a defense against that. But others want 40 hours, and don't much care whether it is the traditional 40, or on some other schedule. My company falls into the latter. I can very easily leave the office for a couple of hours to be involved in something at my kids' school, for instance. The combination of working downtown and also living in Boston makes it pretty easy for me to do that, whereas if we lived in the suburbs or if my job were out there, I would never have the option of taking an hour midday to attend an award ceremony or dance performance. Working in the city offers a convenience, and companies that are interested in making life convenient for their employees take that into consideration.

For real. 9-5 sucks, because studies have been done showing that a good deal of that time is actually when the brain is least productive. Same deal with 8-3 school. Perhaps if companies began to abandon the 9-5 drone structure and embracing the model which Shepard described, there would be a significant drop in ADD prescriptions?

I would rather a 10 hour 4 day work week.

This is being implemented in Utah for state workers, and almost everyone is happy with the results.

After 12 months, Utah's experiment has been deemed so successful that a new acronym could catch on: TGIT (thank God it's Thursday). The state found that its compressed workweek resulted in a 13% reduction in energy use and estimated that employees saved as much as $6 million in gasoline costs. Altogether, the initiative will cut the state's greenhouse-gas emissions by more than 12,000 metric tons a year. And perhaps not surprisingly, 82% of state workers say they want to keep the new schedule. "It's beneficial for the environment and beneficial for workers," says Lori Wadsworth, a professor at Brigham Young University who helped survey state employees. "People loved it." Those who didn't tended to have young children and difficulty finding extended day care.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1919162,00.html#ixzz0nNidZBM2

California is sort of doing that with the state furloughs.

4 day work week....but only 7.5 hours of work a day. (overtime of any form is BANNED)

during the summer i work about 10 or 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. But in truth I really only get one day off every two weeks....

Well I hate my work, so thats why I perfere 9-5. I know when it's going to suck and when it wont. I know when I can keep it real, and I know when I have to BS..... In short I think you must like your job in order to not mind it being scattered through out a longer time frame, even if is the same amount of hours.

I luv my job! :) today
376-1.jpg

I did'nt know where to put this ? rt 2 Concord maybe Lexington?
155-1.jpg

today new pavement 128 no.
162-1.jpg
If any building shouts please re skin me,add some hieght this ones it!
163-1.jpg
164.jpg
165-1.jpg
166-1.jpg
167-1.jpg
this one has a new twin in Cambridge
168-1.jpg
169-2.jpg
170-2.jpg
don't undestand why u would build houseing so close to the highway
171-1.jpg
172.jpg
173-1.jpg
175-1.jpg
ugly 128
176-1.jpg

The building in the 7th photo looks just like 300 Tech Sq. in Kendall. Useless overhang + bland architecture = winning design.

Back