Seaport Memorial Park | Parcel F @ Seaport Square | Seaport

xec

Reaction score
SeaportMemorialParkrend1.jpg

SeaportMemorialParkrend2.jpg

SeaportMemorialParkrend3.png

SeaportMemorialParkBoston201410201.jpg

SeaportMemorialParkBoston201410202.jpg

Good to see you back posting pics again, xec. Thanks for the updates.

Thanks Mike. I probably won't be posting as much as I used to but I'll definitely try to contribute.

So this thread probably needs a title update (I got curious about what this is a memorial to, clearly not the Seaport).

The Park is the "Seaport Square Park".

The Memorial in the Park is the "Massachusetts Fallen Heroes Memorial".

The groundbreaking for the Memorial was Friday 3 October.

Anyone else find it extremely aggravating how this and the Fan Pier park make absolutely no attempt to communicate with one another? The grand allee/memorial in this new park leads smack into the side of a future Fan Pier building and the two diagonal paths do an excellent job of not aligning with each other across Northern Ave.

Just a little bit of effort, please?

It seems every time there's an article about the Seaport in one of the newspapers, people immediately jump in to say....more parks! Am I missing something?

Does the existing park/lawn at Fan Pier have a garage underneath it? I've always thought these parks would fit together better if the One Harbor Shore Drive lot was left as park space and the building that is planned to go there would instead move west, next to One Marina Park Drive and across from the current District Hall. That way, Seaport Memorial Park would stretch straight through to the harbor.

It's not too late, as One Harbor Shore is still an underground garage with no above-ground floors proposed.

^ If you're implicity saying that the incumbent plan is somewhere between a hot mess and a hairball, then I agree entirely

^ If you're implicity saying that the incumbent plan is somewhere between a hot mess and a hairball, then I agree entirely

It appears that the BRA allowed each master developer to implement independent park plans in their park parcels, with no apparent attempt to coordinate positions or connectivity.

I guess we are lucky that the streets actually connect! (Although they might not after the developers get done realigning them!)

What exactly does the BRA do again?

Does anyone know when the parking lot will be torn up and the 2nd phase of the park will be constructed? Also, any idea why those samples have been sitting in that small parking lot for several months?

Hey Beeline, I think those mock ups are for the new Our Lady of Good Voyage Church

^^^ Good point. One for the church and the other for the 4 story office building. I stand corrected.

Just curious why would those mockups be on that parcel? The Church is going on the other side of the road, down by Sleeper Street and the office tower on Pier 4. This parking lot is directly next to the Park.

Just curious why would those mockups be on that parcel? The Church is going on the other side of the road, down by Sleeper Street and the office tower on Pier 4. This parking lot is directly next to the Park.
Because BGI owns the lot and is building the church and small office building (4 story). Nothing to do with Pier 4.

Back to the park.
They have removed the fence around the south section of the park.
https://flic.kr/p/DiRGY3

Still a lot of action on the north side of the site. Not sure what it is for.
https://flic.kr/p/Dmb7qe

You can't see it in Beeline's pics above, but I recently walked by this and I couldn't tell where the water feature is going (shown in the renderings). I wonder if they scrapped if for just more hardscape?

If they're still working on the north side of the park, I'd guess the reflecting pool will be there. And the obelisk, if that's still in the plans too. And the small buildings that will enclose that side of the park. Still plenty of work to do.

Back