Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Re: Innovation Dist. / South Boston Seaport

I eat lunch out in the is area a couple times a week. This whole area of the harbor walk from the courthouse down to the veterans memorial is quite lovely.

Does anyone have a rendering for the new Courthouse MBTA head house going up on Seaport Blvd.?

A lot of stuff is going on. And 2 more groundbreakings should happen before the end of the year:
Seaport Sq parcel L4 for Amazon and Fan Pier parcel E for Mass Mutual.

This crosswalk seems problematic. Are they going to move the hydrant? Put two ramps to either side?

43279320024_96cfcf5521_h.jpg

43092217355_22ccc51f0a_h.jpg

43279323394_27e7a3bc09_h.jpg

The median landscaping honestly looks pretty nasty.. what the hell??

Does anyone have a ballpark on the number of new residents that will be in the Seaport

as a result of all the-as Globe lunatics call it; "terrible, failed planning" ??

The median landscaping honestly looks pretty nasty.. what the hell??

I think theyre going for a seagrass/fescue whispy golden look which just takes a little bit to get established. They're transplanting/transporting live trees, shrubbery and grasses and the plants get beat up somewhat from those processes. With diligent watering which should be automatic they will bounce back nicely and look lush eventually

I think theyre going for a seagrass/fescue whispy golden look which just takes a little bit to get established. They're transplanting/transporting live trees, shrubbery and grasses and the plants get beat up somewhat from those processes. With diligent watering which should be automatic they will bounce back nicely and look lush eventually

This has been a tough summer for landscape planting btw. Lets be a little less outraged and let this stuff grow in. After it is established and still looks terrible, then we can get out our torches and pitchforks.

cca

This has been a tough summer for landscape planting btw. Lets be a little less outraged and let this stuff grow in. After it is established and still looks terrible, then we can get out our torches and pitchforks.

cca

Thank you for the perspective.

Does anyone have a ballpark on the number of new residents that will be in the Seaport ?[/B]

Citywide average household size is around 2.2; however, we'll ballpark it to average household size of an even 2 people per unit in the seaport.

One Seaport Square (Benjamin + Via): 1660 (830 units)
Echelon: 1466 (733 units)
Pier 4: 212 (106 units)
22 Liberty: 216 (108 units)
50 Liberty: 200 (100 units)
Watermark Seaport: 692 (346 units)
Nema Boston: 828 (414 units)
Waterside Place (P1 + P2): ~1200 (?)
Atlantic Beer Garden Tower: 220 (110 units)

If someone can build upon this please, my estimate right now among new(er) housing in the Seaport comes to at least 6,694 new residents since 2012.

That fort pointer guy on Twitter would probably have a pretty solid idea. He's on this stuff like stink on crap.

Don't forget Parcel K with 304 units and 100 Pier 4 Apartments with 357 units.

Citywide average household size is around 2.2; however, we'll ballpark it to average household size of an even 2 people per unit in the seaport.

One Seaport Square (Benjamin + Via): 1660 (830 units)
Echelon: 1466 (733 units)
Pier 4: 212 (106 units)
22 Liberty: 216 (108 units)
50 Liberty: 200 (100 units)
Watermark Seaport: 692 (346 units)
Nema Boston: 828 (414 units)
Waterside Place (P1 + P2): ~1200 (?)
Atlantic Beer Garden Tower: 220 (110 units)

If someone can build upon this please, my estimate right now among new(er) housing in the Seaport comes to at least 6,694 new residents since 2012.

Don't forget Parcel K with 304 units and 100 Pier 4 Apartments with 357 units.

So that's another 714 from 100 Pier 4 and 608 from Parcel K for 1,322... pushes the number to just over 8,000.

I'd add another 934 from 467 units at Park Lane.

Back