Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Actually I like that blog, it's pretty good. Just don't 100% agree with the author on all issues of geography. :wink:

A new sculpture for the SBWSD:
Partisans_096 copy.jpg

justin said:
A new sculpture for the SBWSD:
Partisans_096 copy.jpg

Justin's Pic:

Partisans_096copy.jpg

I always really liked these sculptures. Too bad no one will ever see them here.

Yes, the South Boston Waterfront is far too warm, lively, and exuberant, we need this there to tone it down a little and make it a more somber place.

Joe_Schmoe said:
Yes, the South Boston Waterfront is far too warm, lively, and exuberant, we need this there to tone it down a little and make it a more somber place.
Well, it'll make it more itself. I guess you could call it a contextual placement.

The Lugubrious District.

They've gotten quite far along on that building. Is it now the tallest building in the Seaport?

Here's a somewhat clearer view, taken Saturday.

246969283_3e20e1cb09_b.jpg

looks like right now it's the same height as the Manulife - 235'.

the tallest building in the seaport is WTC West - 255'.

Does that building extend far enough to block the view of the water from the South Boston Maritime Park which is next to the Manulife Building? Or is it directly across the street from the Manulife building? I can't tell from the picture.

Man, who would think that that is a picture of Boston? It sure looks like your typical Western US city with the large blocks, and parking lots. Did they really need 6 lanes of traffic on these streets?

Branding campaign at Fan Pier.

250550942_82b060acdb_b.jpg

250550945_c7ad091174_b.jpg

ICA freebie
250550947_748b4889d3_o.jpg

That mechanicals mohawk on the ICA is distracting.

justin

Back