Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

From 9/18. As dumb as it looks from here, this is really turning into an awesome neighborhood on the ground. I walked through last night and was struck by all the new plazas and pocket parks materializing within the new developments. The architectural variety isn't half bad either, and it is beginning to seamlessly blend into Fort Point.

This plaza was activated with a lot of fun stuff. Northern Ave in particular (scroll view 360 degrees) feels extremely urban. I love it.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.353...4!1s97HRq0_Uj1aJvX1jqoaVyg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

IMG_2758 by David Z, on Flickr

MVIMG_20200926_091612.jpg
IMG_20200926_091555.jpg
MVIMG_20200926_092738.jpg

Do you know how many cities would kill to have anything resembling the Seaport and especially, the Harbor Walk? The Harbor Walk, a massive gem for the city. The landscaping in the Seaport section has really filled in beautifully! So many cities on rivers, lakes, oceans, have their water access blocked by rails, or roads, or industry. Hell, many other cities don't even have any major water features! Atlanta for one, so many others. Boston has done an amazing job with opening up the harbor! Awesome pics, Massa!

IMG_3598 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3597 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3599 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3604 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3607 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3611 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3615 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3617 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3636 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3610 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3651 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3639 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3647 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3641 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3661 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3666 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
Beeline, there's only one word to describe your nighttime photos of the Seaport and that's WOW! Loving the many outdoor gathering spaces with such fun, varied festive lighting. The Seaport was a hit pre-Covid, but now, looks like it's a smash-hit with so many open areas for gathering and walking.

11.14.20 - New postings on Seaport Blvd. they also added two curling (yes, with the sticks and the ice and the stones) to the memorial park.

Also, anyone on here that is familiar with Soho House, a members club in various cities around the world, they wrote a great exposé on Seaport. I'll add that in, I found it fascinating and a lot of it I didn't know.

12E1E4DD-4671-4E7C-91EE-DB1E8D1C3655.jpeg
54FC6351-9BCD-40EA-9507-867212B11E80.jpeg
5B19724A-61B9-41FB-A175-64F1AEA53022.jpeg

"The next temptation lures us for a dip at the nearby Carson Beach, in Boston’s hilly south side. In less than a 10-minute drive from our hotel, we are on a beach tucked in the city centre. ‘Are we in Miami?’ we ask ourselves, but a six-pack of Vermont’s seasonal sour Hermit Thrush reminds us we are in New England, and there are gorgeous beaches here, too."

I can't imagine sitting on Carson Beach and asking myself "am I in Miami?" :LOL:

"The next temptation lures us for a dip at the nearby Carson Beach, in Boston’s hilly south side. In less than a 10-minute drive from our hotel, we are on a beach tucked in the city centre. ‘Are we in Miami?’ we ask ourselves, but a six-pack of Vermont’s seasonal sour Hermit Thrush reminds us we are in New England, and there are gorgeous beaches here, too."

I can't imagine sitting on Carson Beach and asking myself "am I in Miami?" :LOL:
As someone that grew up in South Florida before moving to Boston 13 years ago, I actually relate to that assertion about that entire stretch of beach from Carson to M Street Beach. On a hot summer weekend, the packed beaches and their still waters are definitely mistakable for Miami or other South Florida Beaches.

Back