Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

They've been there for years. I believe it was done as a deterrent to organized sports playing on the open field. There's a couple signs flanking both sides of the lawn that basically say "NO FUN ALLOWED."

Jeez. Why even have a lawn at that point.

They've been there for years. I believe it was done as a deterrent to organized sports playing on the open field. There's a couple signs flanking both sides of the lawn that basically say "NO FUN ALLOWED."
Oh please.. way to overdramatize there. The signs ask people to keep their pets off the lawn. Much more closer to “don’t let your dog piss or shit on the lawn so that people can avoid sitting or stepping on that shit” than “no fun allowed.” :rolleyes:

Oh please.. way to overdramatize there. The signs ask people to keep their pets off the lawn. Much more closer to “don’t let your dog piss or shit on the lawn so that people can avoid sitting or stepping on that shit” than “no fun allowed.” :rolleyes:
My bad.

Remember it was the slats that we were talking about, which are apparently there to stop kids from playing kickball. At that point, you don’t even need a “no fun allowed” sign. The sentiment is physically built into the space.

What’s been done with this area is breathtaking. Looking at a lot of these recent pictures - it’s CRIMINAL there is not a subway line going through that area (RAIL. don’t even bother me with the useless Silver Line BS)

it’s CRIMINAL there is not a subway line going through that area (RAIL. don’t even bother me with the useless Silver Line BS)
the planning for the silver line included more buses than what are running now and would have the same capacity as the green line main trunk through downtown.

the planning for the silver line included more buses than what are running now and would have the same capacity as the green line main trunk through downtown.
I’m convinced there are plenty of would be riders who WOULD take rail who would only take a bus when they had no other choice.

The Silver Line should be converted to a regular LRT line plain and simple. Or stub off the red line or something. There needs to be a well done, visible subway station down there. The more that’s built down there the more urgent the T should be moving on this

This is what I hate most - "parks" where people are supposed to just stand there doing nothing. Somewhere in the Seaport/Eastie/Charles there has to be room for a Brooklyn Bridge Park pier - those are the best basketball/hockey/play spaces I've ever seen. https://www.brooklynbridgepark.org/things-to-do/basketball/
1622215413143.png

Brooklyn Bridge Park.

What’s been done with this area is breathtaking. Looking at a lot of these recent pictures - it’s CRIMINAL there is not a subway line going through that area (RAIL. don’t even bother me with the useless Silver Line BS)
South Station is plenty close enough to it. Given that most train stations attract some pretty sketchy squatters, South Station included, not sure I’d want another one any closer.

Somewhere in the Seaport/Eastie/Charles there has to be room for a Brooklyn Bridge Park pier - those are the best basketball/hockey/play spaces I've ever seen. https://www.brooklynbridgepark.org/things-to-do/basketball/
View attachment 13414
Brooklyn Bridge Park.

Theres is, its called Lopresti park in East Boston. Its as close to the brooklyn bridge park as youre gonna get here with it jutting out into the water with the downtown skyline in the background. Theres a big soccer field, basketball courts, and a kids playground. Plus with the Mark finishing up next door its now integrating into the larger harbor walk with clippership wharf.

I definitely get it, Eastie is far away for many people in Boston with the blue line not connected to red, and no way to walk there from across the harbor, but there really are some awesome changes happening over there.
l.jpg

Lopresti-Park.jpg

lopresti-park-on-the-east-boston-waterfront-boston-massachusetts-usa-E6204P.jpg

Last edited:
South Station is plenty close enough to it. Given that most train stations attract some pretty sketchy squatters, South Station included, not sure I’d want another one any closer.

Careful, I'm detecting a slight NIMBY twang in that accent! :LOL:

6/10 from Blue Hills. At this point it's starting to resemble a whole city on its own, albeit one with an extreme height limit.

We should start calling it “Little Washington”.

Back