Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

You ever been to Dorchester? Theres bikes everywhere. Thats the biggest neighborhood in the city too and the same with Mattapan and Roxbury although I dont see as many in Roxbury as Dorchester but I think thats because Roxbury is more urban and its more of a hassle. Theres definitely not as many deeper into Southie but near Dorchester where its more residential theres a good amount of bikes and especially along the water.

In case you were wondering what the McCourts have been up to, Jamie's been nominated to be the ambassador to France & Monaco. (Impressively, she actually speaks the language, unlike Caroline Kennedy who was ambassador to Japan w/out knowing how to speak Japanese.)

Former Los Angeles Dodgers co-owner Jamie McCourt is now being considered for the ambassador of France rather than Belgium.

President Trump announced Thursday morning his intent to nominate McCourt for the ambassadorship to France and Monaco, instead of Belgium as he had indicated in June.

The White House noted that McCourt, an entrepreneur, attorney and political donor to Trump and other Republican candidates, spoke French but did not indicate why Trump made the switch.

McCourt donated more than $400,000 to the Trump Victory fund, $50,800 to the Trump inauguration and more than $170,00 to the Republican National Committee.

More: http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...er-dodgers-co-owner-1501775188-htmlstory.html

BeeLine, once again thanks for the great pix. Great job.

I can't help but think, if my grandmother was still alive she wouldn't recognize the city anymore - at least this part.

In case you were wondering what the McCourts have been up to, Jamie's been nominated to be the ambassador to France & Monaco. (Impressively, she actually speaks the language, unlike Caroline Kennedy who was ambassador to Japan w/out knowing how to speak Japanese.)

More: http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...er-dodgers-co-owner-1501775188-htmlstory.html

Am I missing something, John? It's commonly known that Jamie and Frank McCourt's greatest contribution to Boston was the act of leaving it.

Go back 2,718 posts in this very thread to see that Seaport Square was born only when the "Parking Lot King and Queen" ended their hostage crisis and traded it in to Rupert Murdoch for the LA Dodgers. Rupert had the good sense to quickly turn it over to someone who could actually do something with the real estate.

Of course, the McCourts were as much of a blessing to the Dodgers as they were to Boston https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...-team-remains-saddles-with-debt/#1200331f1249

In the meantime, congrats to Jamie for knowing a language that 1/3 of American students take in high school (impressive!), and shame on Caroline Kennedy for not know a language that less than 1/100 of American students take.

The bizarre, non-sequitor shot at Ms. Kennedy (who has nothing to do with this subject) was entertaining, though. :)

Last edited:
Well off topic, but taking a language in high school, and speaking a language are very different things.

Most folks I know who 'took and language' in school, can't do much today with that language, and definitely couldn't have a conversation with anyone in said foreign language.

But, it does seem en Vogue to pile on John Keith these days so by all means continuer.

Them be some wiide sidewalks there..

Needs a second layer of trees, preferably pine trees.

Why was the median built out of concrete anyway? It's more expensive than dirt, so it doesnt make sense as a placeholder.

Why was the median built out of concrete anyway? It's more expensive than dirt, so it doesnt make sense as a placeholder.

Could it be the fact that the Silver Line tunnel runs under this stretch of Seaport Blvd.

Could it be the fact that the Silver Line tunnel runs under this stretch of Seaport Blvd.
This. There are multiple ventilation shafts currently encased in wood while the median is being rebuilt- hopefully the plan for Seaport Blvd involves raising them to protect from future flooding.

On a separate note, the new rebuilt sidewalks in the area are quite impressive- wide, tree lined, with bike racks and benches. I'm pretty optimistic about the pedestrian realm, especially with 4 additional parcels yet to break ground just along that Seaport Blvd.

This one neighborhood is larger than a lot of other cities entire downtown area. It's crazy how fast this has been built up.

I know all that. My post doesn't contradict yours.

Am I missing something, John? It's commonly known that Jamie and Frank McCourt's greatest contribution to Boston was the act of leaving it.

Go back 2,718 posts in this very thread to see that Seaport Square was born only when the "Parking Lot King and Queen" ended their hostage crisis and traded it in to Rupert Murdoch for the LA Dodgers. Rupert had the good sense to quickly turn it over to someone who could actually do something with the real estate.

Back