Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

12-1121-VIEW007-Generic_B+C.jpg

From the Globe. The latest iteration.

a pair of 22-story towers on Seaport Boulevard that will include up to 800 apartments and a 300,000-square-foot retail and entertainment complex.

The towers will be the first major buildings within the long-planned Seaport Square project, a 23-acre complex that will eventually replace the district’s sea of parking lots with residences, office buildings, stores, restaurants, and public parks.

Apparently now have the financing.

http://www.boston.com/realestate/ne...aking-shape/LQZeRxsq2oLFGYdxZUItvI/story.html

Why does everything built in this area have the same height?!

Obviously it's FAA restricted, but who says they can't have any variance at all?!

At this point I hope for quality more like A street than waterside place.

I'm still hopeful for materials, but the plateau that's forming there is pathetic.

Obviously it's FAA restricted, but who says they can't have any variance at all?!
A variance from what, the FAA height limits?

Try getting property insurance (or a tenant) for a building that the FAA says is a hazard to [air] navigation.

SAYS WHO?

Sez me.

"The first cargo pallet for flight 101 was loaded onto N27UA at 10:30 and the last pallet was loaded at 12:06. The resulting center of gravity (CG) of the accident airplane was near or even aft of the airplane’s aft CG limit. After the three crew members and the security guard had boarded the plane, the cabin door `was closed at 12:22. Eleven minutes later the flight obtained taxi clearance for runway 27R. The Miami tower controller cleared flight 101 for takeoff at 12:34. Takeoff power was selected and the DC-8 moved down the runway. The flightcrew performed an elevator check at 80 knots. Fourteen seconds later the sound of a thump was heard. Just after calling V1 a second thump was heard. Two seconds later the airplane rotated. Immediately after takeoff the airplane pitched nose-up and entered a stall. The DC-8 recovered briefly from the stall, and stalled again. The airplane impacted terrain in a tail first, right wing down attitude. it slid west across a road (72nd Avenue) and into the International Airport Center at 28th Street and burst into flames. "

Article says that the first Seaport Square buildings will include a "large movie theater"

I'm just happy that rendering still includes the small building across from the Barking Crab.

The original proposal plans I saw, had the "large movie theatre" on the third floor.
Above the retail levels, and below the apartments.

Don't think I have those anymore....

It would be nice to see some kind of year round live music venue down in the Seaport. Perhaps in the range of 1,000 capacity of which there are not too many venues in the city limits with that capacity range.

It would be nice to see some kind of year round live music venue down in the Seaport. Perhaps in the range of 1,000 capacity of which there are not too many venues in the city limits with that capacity range.

BOA Pavilion? Size is right. They get acts too. Radiohead played there a few years back...

Within a year we could have 6 buildings under construction that are all pretty much right next to each other. These two, the hotel next to the Barking Crab, the office and residential buildings at Fan Pier, and the Watermark Seaport.

They're probably all building as tall as they can. Thus, it appears they're all building to the same height. Nobody wants to take a hit in profit simply to make the area have varying heights.

This does remind me a lot of what I saw when I went to Washington DC as far as all the buildings being the same height and even the width of the streets if very similar.

They're probably all building as tall as they can. Thus, it appears they're all building to the same height. Nobody wants to take a hit in profit simply to make the area have varying heights.

That's the height ceiling? Really?

Back