Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

Crystal City near Reagan National Airport is unfortunately similar in building style and height plateau. I couldn't find a link on hight limits for the ID, are they higher further from the water?

Crystal City near Reagan National Airport is unfortunately similar in building style and height plateau. I couldn't find a link on hight limits for the ID, are they higher further from the water?
I am too lazy to search for the plate, but basically, IIRC, the height limits in the seaport area are governed by the profile of a one engine out departure.

Operates3_lg.jpg

Operates4_lg.jpg

I believe the heights in Crystal City are constrained by tower visibility, i.e., planes landing on the river approach, which follows the river from west of DC.

The cap on building heights in Rosslyn is dictated by not having buildings block FAA radar.

Construction on Blocks A and K is imminent, according to the construction news under seaporttma.org. Website indicates ground breakings for both blocks in "late spring 2013". Block 'A' is a Marriott Autograph hotel adjacent to the Barking Crab. Block 'K' is a 275 unit apartment building (Watermark Seaport?). The developer for both is Skanska USA.
http://www.seaporttma.org/pdf/Seaport%20Square%20Construction%20Update%20March%202013.pdf

I hope the link came out right.

Construction on Blocks A and K is imminent, according to the construction news under seaporttma.org. Website indicates ground breakings for both blocks in "late spring 2013". Block 'A' is a Marriott Autograph hotel adjacent to the Barking Crab. Block 'K' is a 275 unit apartment building (Watermark Seaport?). The developer for both is Skanska USA.
http://www.seaporttma.org/pdf/Seaport%20Square%20Construction%20Update%20March%202013.pdf

I hope the link came out right.

I can read it fine, thanks!

The buildings look like something off the coast of Florida.

Vertex CFO Rings Register on $35 Million Insider Sale
BY Adam Feuerstein | 04/24/13 - 07:11 AM EDT
VRTX Chief Financial Officer Ian Smith sold options and stock last week netting him more than $35 million.
Smith rang the cash register on his Vertex holdings April 19 -- less than 24 hours after Vertex shares soared on positive data for its cystic fibrosis drug VX-661. The Form 4 detailing Smith's insider sales was filed with the SEC yesterday.
Vertex shares hit an intraday high of $85.90 on April 19 and closed at $85.60 -- a 62% one-day jump fueled by investors rushing into the stock on the positive cystic fibrosis drug announcement. But as outside investors were buying, Smith, Vertex's CFO since 2001, was selling a massive stake in the company -- 745,685 shares -- with the largest chunk sold at $81.50 per share.

Smith grossed almost $61 million from his insider sale. After accounting for the cost of exercising his options, Smith's take home was more than $35 million.
Smith sold his Vertex shares under a 10b5-1 plan which allows corporate executives and other insiders to schedule sales of company stock in advance, thereby insulating themselves from the risk of insider trading. 10b5-1 plans can be set up to trigger stock sales on a specific pre-specified date or when a stock hits a certain price.
Vertex spokesman Zach Barber would not provide details of Smith's 10b5-1 plan but the company's soaring stock price on April 18 was likely the trigger for Smith's sales.
"I can't comment on why he sold his stock, those are personal decisions, but the company has done really well since he's been here," said Barber.
A large, institutional investor in Vertex, asked whether Smith's insider sale bothered him, said the payday was justified.
"When a company not only makes their investors $7 billion richer but comes up with a potential cure for a fatal disease, some reward is deserved," he said.
Vertex Corporate Controller Paul Silva also sold a smaller amount of Vertex stock on April 19, according to an SEC filing.
Vertex shares closed Tuesday at $83.53.

Thank God Vertex paid out their executive bonuses wouldn't want the taxpayers of Boston to compensated anymore than they had to.

getting paid in stock is very common for CEO's because shareholders want to align management's goals with theirs. Filing to do this sale in advance shows he was confident in the companies success. If you look into the whole capitalism thing that you are always so concerned about, you would see this is how it works.

getting paid in stock is very common for CEO's because shareholders want to align management's goals with theirs. Filing to do this sale in advance shows he was confident in the companies success. If you look into the whole capitalism thing that you are always so concerned about, you would see this is how it works.

It's not the company I'm annoyed with it. Its the bullshit Politics that say we need to create jobs, so we are going to promote a project using 60 Million dollars in taxpayers money to help Fallon lower the building costs then give Vertex tax breaks to help them move from Cambridge to Boston.

(That is not capitalism) This is stealing. As for the CFO receiving Stock options good deal done for the company bad deal done for the taxpayers of Massachusetts.

None of this is about Seaport Square. Crash's photos aren't even of Seaport Square. Please at least take this to the Fan Pier thread.

That random slap-up of corrugated panel flailing out its rear end is inspired.

The Metro this morning had a blurb about Seaport Square's newly opened "Q Park" - apparently has a half basketball court, outdoor gym equipment, modern benches and a lawn. Anybody know where this is, or have pictures? The Metro calls it well patronized but who knows if that's just a recycled press release...

It's a great little park with a terrible name. (I think "Q" refers to the name of the parcel designated by Seaport Square developers.) It also has a dog run. I live a block away and have "patroned" it a few times already. Neighbors have been waiting for it to open since March when work was basically completed. Nice addition to the neighborhood, will be even more appreciated after build out of Seaport is complete.

It's between Boston Wharf Road and Stillings Street, next to the Stillings Street garage. The empty lot it used to connect to is slated to become the Watermark Seaport, a mid-rise apartment building.

The Metro this morning had a blurb about Seaport Square's newly opened "Q Park" - apparently has a half basketball court, outdoor gym equipment, modern benches and a lawn. Anybody know where this is, or have pictures? The Metro calls it well patronized but who knows if that's just a recycled press release...

Wasn't the last picture posted on the forum of Q Park a mere grass patch?

Probably larger than it needs to be(and do we really need a basketball court?) but I'd say this came out well.

Yeah it's kind of a bummer it's a half court, but people seem pretty enthused to finally have park amenities that most of the other neighborhoods already have (count me as one). I've seen it get a lot of daytime usage so far during the week - probably folks that work in area I'd assume. Think the closest other court is on West 2nd or 3rd Street, so nice to now have one in Fort Point.

Back