Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

Everytime, its like:

frankenstein.jpg

then it's like,

obama-not-bad-face-i7.png

If any of these buildings were going up in Fenway there would be a ticker tape parade.

I actually like the PwC building. It's nothing fantastic but it's a good corporate building. Let's wait for some views of the newer residential buildings here before we get the torches.

How many square feet is this new PwC building? Don't they currently take up all of 125 high st. now?

Unless this building has monster floorplates this move is puzzling to me.

Alright, we've know what the seaport is, and what it's going to be for awhile now. You whiny bitches need to quit regurgitating the same condescending shitty comments about every project being built...We get it.

If they used their own personal money I wouldn't say a fucking word. Until then I'm going to continue my whiny bitching.

Seaport Development was forced development ontop of taxpayer incentives that is creating a very cheap looking buildings in an area that should have been Boston's Land Prime Developmental Real Estate spot.

I'm not sure why, but the PWC building reminds me a little of this (even more so if I was standing more to the right when I took that photo):
197746105_11709c25ba_o.jpg

The most important component of this building will be the groundfloor retail...if the BRA has done its job the lobby entrance will be relatively small and there will many many retail outlets facing the street. I hope we don't get a liberty mutual type monolith in this regard.

Some new renderings of the PwC building:
ImageScaler.ashx

Is this going to be right next to the Manulife building? How do people generally feel about that one? They look fairly similar if you ask me, except Manulife is curvier.

How many square feet is this new PwC building? Don't they currently take up all of 125 high st. now?

Unless this building has monster floorplates this move is puzzling to me.

They take up about twelve floors.

I see this with every building built recently, a rendering comes out that looks really good years before construction is going to begin. Then a rendering comes out that bears little resemblance to the original so nobody gives it a chance and hates on it. The building starts to go up and when its got half the cladding haphazardly slapped on everyone says its the most grotesque thing they have ever seen. Then it gets close to completion and everyone is like well actually that came out pretty nice. (Minus waterside place all the hate is warranted)

The most important component of this building will be the groundfloor retail...if the BRA has done its job the lobby entrance will be relatively small and there will many many retail outlets facing the street. I hope we don't get a liberty mutual type monolith in this regard.

Amen. The Seaport will sink or swim based on the pedestrian experience. I don't know about this building specifically, but one of the concepts of Seaport Square is to include a vast amount of retail on the lower floors. As described by WS Development - which developed Legacy Place, is redeveloping the Chestnut Hill Shopping Center (now "The Street"), and is partnering with the developers of Seaport Square to do the retail component - Seaport Square will be an"[e]xciting combination of residential, retail, entertainment, dining, office, hotel, and cultural uses." Under current plans, Seaport Square will include 1.3 million square feet of retail, and another 250,000 square feet of cultural/civic space. It is one of the reasons that I am optimistic about the future of the area.

I did some searching for the Watermark Seaport and ran across this stuff below. Last time I searched WS a couple months ago I didn't find this so I'm thinking these might be new (?) I don't remember seeing these posted here before.

from: http://www.copley-wolff.com/portfol...ixed-use/333-watermark-seaport-parcel-k.html#

Watermark Seaport/Parcel K
Client: Skanska/ADD Inc.

Located in the Seaport District, the Watermark Seaport is a tower consisting of 300 apartments and 25,000 square feet of retail space. The building is targeting LEED Gold certification.

CWDG is responsible for the planning and design of several green roofs and the streetscape surrounding the building. One of the green roofs, accessible by residents, will contain a kitchen, fireplace, standing bar, and furniture. The streetscape will feature a furniture and tree planting zone; an upper café dining terrace; and paving banding to accentuate the main entrance. The internal courtyard will include large specimen shade trees adorned with lanterns and a series of seat walls to complement the staggered paving pattern.

Watermark01.jpg

Watermark02.jpg

Watermark03.jpg

there a couple more renderings at the link above.

I'd love to see a German style beer outdoor garden be built over here on the water. Harpoon's new brewery bar is awesome. They should take the concept outside.

I'd love to see a German style beer outdoor garden be built over here on the water. Harpoon's new brewery bar is awesome. They should take the concept outside.

Love the idea, but is it feasible in New England weather?

RE: the PWC building; they're peeling back the pavement and the pile driver is on site as of this morning.

Back