Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

They have about 1500 between their Cambridge and Boston offices.

The GoogleBox knows all:

The accounting firm will occupy about 75 percent of the 440,000-square-foot tower.

The deal will help the accounting giant, known as PwC, add another 500 employees to its Boston operations, bringing its total head count in the city to 3,000.
Nearhos, the company’s managing partner in Boston, said its new offices will be smaller than the 376,000 square feet it occupies at 125 High St., but will be designed more efficiently to accommodate the additional 500 employees.

“We needed to make some pretty dramatic changes to the way we look and feel now,” he said, adding that PwC is redesigning offices worldwide to create more collaborative work spaces and consume less energy.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...-waterfront/Bw6IIJAQUHdE6a4Gs5Ey6L/story.html

A glimpse into PwC's new offices with less space and more people....

1980sofficecomputer-300x201.jpg

Wow, it really is DC-on-the-Harbor. I'm not usually one of those people who constantly harps over this, but those are the only words that come to mind at the moment... =/

Nice density, but seems so stale and generic.

Nice to see a couple new looks..... , but too many glass boxes with sharp edges.

I actually appreciate the variety of shapes, colors, and materials on the facades. Look at a city like Toronto, which is building an insane quantity of new towers, yet 80% of it is sterile blue glass, much of it cheap looking. Look at Miami, crazy boom, and yet most of their new buildings look terrible. At least every new building in Boston doesn't look exactly the same. Every new building in these renders has some sort of differentiating quality about them.

If there wasn't a height limit here, I would be pissed about what we're getting. But the reality is there's a pretty low limit, so at least each building has its own identity.

Look at this, all new developments, wide variety of heights, and yet it all looks the same!!!

Wow, it really is DC-on-the-Harbor. I'm not usually one of those people who constantly harps over this, but those are the only words that come to mind at the moment... =/

Nice density, but seems so stale and generic.

At least the restrictions in the Seaport are mandated by fight paths and radar lines of sight. DC is just completely arbitrary out of a sense of traditional grandeur.

Looks good, build it! A lot of those buildings have some nice style and grace, and varied rooflines to boot.

Yeah, although we all wished these buildings were 40 story masterpieces designed by someone like Zaha Hadid, I think these buildings are an obvious improvement to what is there now.... nothing.

Looks great. Which parcels are these again? I can't keep up, which is a good thing.

^but Rifleman, what if they added an ESPN zone? Don't you think it would save the area?

^but Rifleman, what if they added an ESPN zone? Don't you think it would save the area?

Transit is the key for success for an area like this. But to justify billions of dollars of new transit infrastructure you better have a money machine to justify it.

Yes I would have considered trying to build a new Fenway Park or Patriots place for this area because it would have justify a massive investment for the TRANSIT GRID that would have paid off for the taxpayers and the city of Boston.

The shit they are building in these area is insulting at this point with the amount of tax money they have shifted away from the private companies in the DTX area only to relocate those tenants into this shitty transit area.

Not sure about anybody else but sitting in traffic SUCKS

Will the ground floors be 99% lobby / loading docks ala Kendall Square?

Transit is the key for success for an area like this. But to justify billions of dollars of new transit infrastructure you better have a money machine to justify it.

Yes I would have considered trying to build a new Fenway Park or Patriots place for this area because it would have justify a massive investment for the TRANSIT GRID that would have paid off for the taxpayers and the city of Boston.

The shit they are building in these area is insulting at this point with the amount of tax money they have shifted away from the private companies in the DTX area only to relocate those tenants into this shitty transit area.

Not sure about anybody else but sitting in traffic SUCKS

Happy Friday everybody! Enjoy your drinks!

Back