Shreve, Crump & Low Redevelopment | 334-364 Boylston Street | Back Bay

238A5FCB-EC5B-43D3-B2D5-5E12D2EDAE38.gif

One can only hope Tremont on the Common - the crown jewel in the Drucker Empire, their multi-generational legacy - looks like this one day (sooner vs. later):

Ohhh, I love these exercises!

There are 374 condo units at 151 Tremont. (Throw-out all of those $74.6k parcels, which must be the deeded parking spots.)

Average market price for a Downtown Boston condo is currently approx. $1.14 million.

But, to get these folks to accept having to relocate (and let's face it, a lot of them probably love living there--regardless of the fact that the structure is reminiscent of Soviet-era Bucharest), you're going to have to sweeten things considerable--an average buyout of $1.5 million, let's say.

So, just to get the building emptied, you're in well over a half billion dollars already. Now what? To recoup those kind of losses, you're going to have build something ultra-competitive, regardless of use--another billion, realistically? So now you're at $1.5 billion...

Short of one of F-Line's beloved surgical nuclear strikes, nothing is going to happen to alter 151 Tremont, ever--until the waters rise...

Ohhh, I love these exercises!

There are 374 condo units at 151 Tremont. (Throw-out all of those $74.6k parcels, which must be the deeded parking spots.)

Average market price for a Downtown Boston condo is currently approx. $1.14 million.

But, to get these folks to accept having to relocate (and let's face it, a lot of them probably love living there--regardless of the fact that the structure is reminiscent of Soviet-era Bucharest), you're going to have to sweeten things considerable--an average buyout of $1.5 million, let's say.

So, just to get the building emptied, you're in well over a half billion dollars already. Now what? To recoup those kind of losses, you're going to have build something ultra-competitive, regardless of use--another billion, realistically? So now you're at $1.5 billion...

Short of one of F-Line's beloved surgical nuclear strikes, nothing is going to happen to alter 151 Tremont, ever--until the waters rise...

This is an architecture forum. Where people comment on the quality of Boston architecture. It's a pretty simple proposition, but I guess you're a little too literal for even that?

This is an architecture forum. Where people comment on the quality of Boston architecture. It's a pretty simple proposition, but I guess you're a little too literal for even that?

It sure is an architecture forum! Hence, my observation that the quality of 151 Tremont St.'s architecture is reminiscent of Soviet-era Bucharest.

You were expressing a desire for a radical transformation in the appearance of 151 Tremont. I pointed out the practical considerations--with projected expenses--that would entail.

The reason you find that so obnoxious is . . . why?

It sure is an architecture forum! Hence, my observation that the quality of 151 Tremont St.'s architecture is reminiscent of Soviet-era Bucharest.

You were expressing a desire for a radical transformation in the appearance of 151 Tremont. I pointed out the practical considerations--with projected expenses--that would entail.

The reason you find that so obnoxious is . . . why?

Personally, I found your analysis entertaining, informative, and architecture-related. However, let's not deny that your tone was: "mwaahhahahaha, hand-in-face, don't even think about dreaming, never in a billion years for a billion reasons." (In other words, I think you know the answer to your last question) ; )

Personally, I found your analysis entertaining, informative, and architecture-related. However, let's not deny that your tone was: "mwaahhahahaha, hand-in-face, don't even think about dreaming, never in a billion years for a billion reasons." (In other words, I think you know the answer to your last question) ; )

Fair enough, guilty as charged!

One can only hope Tremont on the Common - the crown jewel in the Drucker Empire, their multi-generational legacy - looks like this one day (sooner vs. later):

img_20220923_135917663_hdr-jpg.28755

No 'crown jewel' of the Drukers.

Tremont on the Common is not, and never was, a Druker property. (Construction started in 1963 when Ron Druker was about 20 years old.)

Tremont on the Common was developed by First Realty Co., whose offices are still in the building.
https://bankerandtradesman.com/this-month-in-history-the-100m-mile/

Back