Shreve, Crump & Low Redevelopment | 334-364 Boylston Street | Back Bay

View attachment 28769
1682626226394.png

Hey, that's Rebecca Welton - the owner of the Richmond Greyhounds!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

While this never should have happened, I like the openness on that corner that yields to interesting site lines. Unfortunately that will not last. I could see a ton of interesting uses on that plot other than what is ultimately being built.

I know this is not going to go over very well but in my opinion what was there before was pure dreck. I welcome this new modern office building.
I somewhat agree. I don't particularly like the building that is going in, but the predecessor wasn't great, and apparently pretty shoddy construction. I don't think its demolition was the huge loss some have presented it as. But man, this spot deserves better than what it's getting.

I somewhat agree. I don't particularly like the building that is going in, but the predecessor wasn't great, and apparently pretty shoddy construction. I don't think its demolition was the huge loss some have presented it as. But man, this spot deserves better than what it's getting.
Has RAMSA ever let us down?

Has RAMSA ever let us down?

I've come to learn these major firms work on plenty of buildings that will never show on their portfolio, or they'll never tell you they worked on it (unless you're a similar client), and that's for a reason... I've even heard some firms run offshoot firms under different names to separate them further.

I'm not saying this will or won't have nice finishes, but I personally don't think I'll ever see it as a nice building, with the demolished buildings permanently souring my taste for this mundane replacement.

The quality of stone for the facade should be high quality.

The description is:

“warm grey limestone facades above a granite base and will feature exceptionally large, energy-efficient floor-to-ceiling windows. Setbacks on the seventh, eighth, and ninth floors will provide office tenants access to residential-style terraces.”

Definitely nice that theyre using limestone and not concrete or steel. Another limestone facade on the skyline will be good.

1689375647383.jpeg

IMG_8721.png

https://www.ramsa.com/projects/project/350-boylston-street

I am late to this one. Luxury offices? That office market is not so hot these days.

Why not have RAMSA design one of their many ~15-story early 20th century, Rosario Candela-inspired Upper East Side condo buildings there? It would fit perfectly aesthetically.

I am late to this one. Luxury offices? That office market is not so hot these days.

Why not have RAMSA design one of their many ~15-story early 20th century, Rosario Candela-inspired Upper East Side condo buildings there? It would fit perfectly aesthetically.

I think they already have an office commitment from Bain & Co. I would support more housing here, but it would probably be super luxury, and we have a LOT of that recently.
Bain & Co. signs major lease at Ron Druker's 350 Boylston St. building - Boston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Back