Site Issues

Riverside

Reaction score
Were there any issues in the last 24 hours? (Wed Sept 22 2021) I got errors on and off for several hours.

(Also, is there a better place to raise questions about issues like this?)

bigpicture7

Reaction score
@SkyriseCities, I'm finding that the search functionality (button at the upper right hand corner) no longer works comprehensively. It seems to only be able to retrieve posts dating to last week's outage or newer. Posts from prior to Sept 22, 2021, are no longer retrievable via search (at least by me).

DZH22

Reaction score
There's a couple things I have noticed. One is that the "stats" on the front hasn't seemed to change for a long time. This is what I am referring to:
1641505211381.png

It says that member nottheproducer joined February 3, 2021. There are definitely members who are newer than that, for example the one below, so clearly this snapshot is stuck in time.
1641505281603.png

Another issue is that moderator "George_Apley" hasn't been active since last April. (hopefully he's OK but that's also a surname based on this so who knows who it really is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late_George_Apley ) That user is in charge of the Archboston awards section, which never got past the nomination stage (there was supposed to be "voting" 6-8 months ago). I'm wondering if they are also in charge of the forum statistics. Either way, some of these things are stuck, and it would be good to feel like the site is still being maintained by people who are actually here.

SkyriseCities

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
George did back off for personal reasons. Not sure when he's returning. Looking into the stats.

SkyriseCities

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a couple things I have noticed. One is that the "stats" on the front hasn't seemed to change for a long time. This is what I am referring to:
View attachment 20280

It says that member nottheproducer joined February 3, 2021. There are definitely members who are newer than that, for example the one below, so clearly this snapshot is stuck in time.
View attachment 20281

Another issue is that moderator "George_Apley" hasn't been active since last April. (hopefully he's OK but that's also a surname based on this so who knows who it really is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late_George_Apley ) That user is in charge of the Archboston awards section, which never got past the nomination stage (there was supposed to be "voting" 6-8 months ago). I'm wondering if they are also in charge of the forum statistics. Either way, some of these things are stuck, and it would be good to feel like the site is still being maintained by people who are actually here.
The new member function is working again. Thanks for catching that @DZH22

markhb

Reaction score
FYI: The issue I had reported earlier related to watched threads and forums not triggering notifications is fixed as of today! Not sure what changed.

SkyriseCities

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The system decided to take a break. The above fix fixed a bunch of things.

stefal

Reaction score
Fun landing page today:
1645721683835.png

I have a suspicion that if this isn't a bug, something with dark mode capabilities may have been turned on? i.e. My OS and Browser operate in dark mode, so websites that have the capability automatically switch to dark mode? Though I'm not noticing it anywhere else on the site.