Site Issues

Yesterday was brutally slow, today seems okay on speed, but I've had some issues with replying to threads.

Late evenings and early mornings seem to be okay-ish, midday and afternoon seem to have the most issues, at least for me it seems. I'm not keeping full track but it's quite sluggish these days.

Maybe when his ad revenue hits rock bottom he’ll address this. Otherwise I can’t imagine he gives a damn about the user experience.

It tells me there’s an error every time I try to post. Then when I wait and try to enter the post again, I end up getting a duplicate post. What’s going on here

Late evenings and early mornings seem to be okay-ish, midday and afternoon seem to have the most issues, at least for me it seems. I'm not keeping full track but it's quite sluggish these days.

Same exact thing Im seeing. From like 10:30-1:00pm-ish its been unusably slow the last 3-4 days.

It's been slow for me at times but it's been better recently. Haven't had any problems posting.

@SkyriseCities copying my message from the other thread here

Looks like most of us, if not everyone, are getting a false alarm "something went wrong" error message when we hit "post reply" or (at least in my case) send a private message. If you dismiss the message and refresh the page, your message in fact has been posted. The error message says to check the console log -- this is what I got the most recent time in mine:

PHP: <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Declaration of XF\Service\Conversation\Pusher::setInitialProperties(XF\Entity\ConversationMessage $message, $actionType, XF\Entity\User $sender) must be compatible with XF\Service\PusherTrait::setInitialProperties(...$properties) in <b>/home/utadmin/public_html/archboston/community/src/XF/Service/Conversation/Pusher.php</b> on line <b>30</b><br /> defaultAjaxError @ core-compiled.js?_v=6b7854e4:45

I just got a note that the site was offline for upgrade... and this editor is noticably different. What changed?

I just got a note that the site was offline for upgrade... and this editor is noticably different. What changed?
I'm not noticing any visual difference. But I'm also not seeing the erroneous message after posting a comment. Hopefully that means it is fixed, and not just some quirky luck this morning.

Looks like that problem has ended!!! Whoever fixed it, thanks!!! It really was so annoying!!! :eek:

The reply UI has been updated for me. Not sure if I've noticed any changes to the posting issues.

The reply UI has been updated for me. Not sure if I've noticed any changes to the posting issues.

The reaction emojis seem slightly updated graphically as well. For instance, the tears are more intense 🤣, as is appropriate for how this site is performing.
(My guess is that a xenforo update just got pushed, that's all).

Not seeing posting issues, but had a few instances where the site loaded very slow in the evening hours the last day or two only, but only within the last 48 hours at the time of this post.

Reply UI seems to have updated.

My browser (Waterfox) says that "Performing a TLS handshake" is the cause of the periodic slowdowns in the site loading. Posting issues definitely seem to be gone since yesterday's forum update.

So I’m having a brand new problem that is occurring due to the new ui the site has. Before when you wanted to insert pictures throughout a post you would tap where in the post you wanted the picture to go and the cursor would show up there, then you would go to insert image and it would insert your picture where the cursor was.

Now probably due to some type of coding issue when you click on the upload image box it automatically removes your cursor and then when you post an image it automatically goes to the bottom of your post where you last typed. This is a suuuuuper pain in the ass. Is there any way it can be fixed to just go back to how it was a week ago? It was extremely easy to upload an image anywhere in the post you wanted. Now you have to copy them from the bottom (or top sometimes) and paste them where you wanted it.

Still seeing the site go down every day around noon. If you copy and paste articles into a new post the formatting gets all jacked up sometimes and theres no way to fix it (bold words, size of text, links etc) Along with the image posting issues I mentioned above theres another fun one I’m having where in order to upload a photo the insert button comes up right over the post reply button and theres no way to post a picture without hitting post reply and posting a half finished post. The insert hyperlink button has the same problem as the images where you never know where its going to end up in your post.

Can anyone let us know if any of these problems are being worked on? The site is unfortunately becoming close to unusable. On top of that it seems the ppl in charge are asleep at the wheel. Also theres a problem where duplicate threads get posted and ppl ask the mods to delete them and it never happens leading to multiple of the same threads being posted across causing a clusterfuck. Is anything being done to fix any of the problems here?

Still seeing the site go down every day around noon. If you copy and paste articles into a new post the formatting gets all jacked up sometimes and theres no way to fix it (bold words, size of text, links etc) Along with the image posting issues I mentioned above theres another fun one I’m having where in order to upload a photo the insert button comes up right over the post reply button and theres no way to post a picture without hitting post reply and posting a half finished post. The insert hyperlink button has the same problem as the images where you never know where its going to end up in your post.

Can anyone let us know if any of these problems are being worked on? The site is unfortunately becoming close to unusable. On top of that it seems the ppl in charge are asleep at the wheel. Also theres a problem where duplicate threads get posted and ppl ask the mods to delete them and it never happens leading to multiple of the same threads being posted across causing a clusterfuck. Is anything being done to fix any of the problems here?
If any problems are getting addressed, it's because the issues affect their main site and just happen to be on the same boat to receive it. Checking their website, it seems they have merge the other cities into their website. Hopefully we're still sharing the same backend and thus still receiving technological support.

Back