Six Ten @ MIT | 610 Main Street | Cambridge - Kendall Sq

It was sad seeing Roche close, but it was evident on my first visit how back dated the model there was. It always felt like walking through a college campus after some calamity that wiped everyone out. The guard house entrances didn't help. There was nothing but a single bar and a restaurant within walking distance. Everything else required a car to get to the other side of rt 3 to strip mall and big box hell.

I compared it to cambridge and it lost in every way besides free parking. When they announced the closing it sucked because I had spent 4 years working there. I had hoped the transition space would end up in Kendall and would lead to a larger presence. But alas. Shows how the suburban campus idea is dead or at least dying fast.

One crane putting up the other. This ones gonna move fast.
BB497377-7683-4BEA-8641-3F8DDDAAABF1_zpsjclclbkt.jpg

7749C933-6493-4F9A-8541-957FE4722001_zpsrg9ul6ns.jpg

Whoa, is this the second building already going up? I knew Pfizer gave the go-ahead, but didn't realize it'd be happening this quickly.

It'll go fast since the garage is already done with the steel poking thru at level one. This thing can be going vertical in no time.

The two to three new storefronts will be welcome as well.

I forget what this is going to look like. Is the second building just a clone of the first? Any differences in design or height/size?

Damn, no joking about the steel rising quickly on this one.

Pretty sure it was all bought months to a year ago, and has been in storage just waiting to go. Could be wrong.

http://osborntrianglemit.com

I've been seeing the signage in the area, but it looks like the rebranding has spawned a website. There's some different renders in the gallery for those skilled enough to rip that stuff and post on here.

This building is going to be massive! What are people's thoughts on the contrasting styles between Pfizer's campus and Novartis? Obviously Novartis has a more prominent location on Main Street, but Pfizer's buildings are more noticeable from a distance.

Back