Somerville Infill and Small Developments

Seems like an awful lot of parking :(

45 spaces for 31 residential units.

42 spaces for the VFW.

15 commercial spaces.

108 total.

Somerville usually has it's act together, but this is an epic failure.

The former TF Murphy florist building on Highland Ave is being demolished today, if anyone has a camera in the vicinity. It's slated to be replaced by condominiums.

It's gone. Do you have idea about the project details? Specifically whether or not it will include retail?

I'd say retail is a safe bet, in that neighborhood. Wonder if they've thought about incorporating the house behind it that's been mummified in housewrap with a STOP WORK order on the door for the last few months.

The remains of the old gas station on the corner of McGrath and Highland (greenville st) were demolished and the site was cleared a few weeks ago. Construction starting on condos. Saw plans for them here a while ago but can't find them on the city site.

That will do a lot to make the intersection feel less like highway/nowhere.

Would someone be kind enough to post a link to the Somerville plans site? Where I can search approved or pending plans by address?

Thank you!

In other news it seems like all the tenants in the 30-44 Broadway parcel have either vacated (Boulter Plywood and the Auto repair shop) or are planning to (Taco Loco and Sullivan Square Liquors)

Taco Loco will be moving to 46-48 Broadway where Broadway Convenience and the Hair salon used to be. They will also be adding a bakery to their current concept. Sullivan Square Liquors will be moving to 88 Broadway where Terrys Little Pumpkins used to be.

Highland Development purchased the parcel last year (http://www.bldup.com/projects/44-broadway) They developed 260 Beacon and 70 Prospect in Somerville. I assume with everyone vacating they are gearing up to propose something similar and mixed use for that site as well.

Oh no! Where is Boulter going?
(OK, phew, Google sez they're now on Riverside Ave in Medford.)

Thank you!

In other news it seems like all the tenants in the 30-44 Broadway parcel have either vacated (Boulter Plywood and the Auto repair shop) or are planning to (Taco Loco and Sullivan Square Liquors)

Taco Loco will be moving to 46-48 Broadway where Broadway Convenience and the Hair salon used to be. They will also be adding a bakery to their current concept. Sullivan Square Liquors will be moving to 88 Broadway where Terrys Little Pumpkins used to be.

Highland Development purchased the parcel last year (http://www.bldup.com/projects/44-broadway) They developed 260 Beacon and 70 Prospect in Somerville. I assume with everyone vacating they are gearing up to propose something similar and mixed use for that site as well.

There was an early proposal for a design concept from January. The link to the proposal does not work anymore but it was a mixed use 6 story. Basement garage with 24 parking spots, retail/restaurant on the ground floor and office on the second and 27 total residential units on floors 3 through 6. The design looked to go up to the lot line for liquor store so it may have changed now if that lot and the plywood store is now included.

The Star Market site in Winter Hill, vacant for 11 years and counting, has a buyer: DLJ Real Estate out of NYC. Same developer wants to build Kendall Square-esque labs in Boynton Yards outside Union Square. They say they have the Star Market, the Rite Aid, and the parking lot. Working on securing a liquor store and barber shop on the corner of Temple/Broadway. The Star Market site is here:
ZLUEWmf.jpg

City visioning for the area proposed something like this:
Fhsbu8U.jpg

I have been waiting for this news!! Cant wait to see what ideas the developer has. The biggest eye sore in Winter Hill by far.

this is just down the street from me and it's amazed me ever since it closed that it REMAINED vacant. a giant parcel in frickin somerville -- yeah, yeah, i get that it's winter hill and not davis square, but still -- just sits there, doing nothing, for 11 years?!?! i'm very happy to finally see movement on this. will be happier when i see demo and construction begin for real.

Back