Somerville Infill and Small Developments

Can’t miss it if drive by it
0A82D785-6CB2-45CB-A3AF-C81854731C10.jpeg

872 Broadway starting to go up. Not sure how final the render is but I'm not sure why there aren't windows along the side. Might feel a little dark and oppressive in there.

This core has been up for a while now. Not sure what the hold up is...

I presume the lack of windows on the side is in anticipation of another development down the road, on either side.

The Greek Ortho in Central. Kind of impressed, gotta say. A staff said the bell tower dome will be painted bright blue.
I think you mean "on" Central. The one "in" Central is Sts Constantine and Helen in Cambridge ;)
Yea, they really went all out on this "Byzantining". Reminds me of St George in Lynn from about 10 or so years ago. They built a Byzantine facade over the 1970s architecture too: https://www.stgeorgelynn.org/our-community/history

Assuming it sells…most expensive house sold in Somerville?? Single family in Spring Hill.

IMG_1668.jpeg

Assuming it sells…most expensive house sold in Somerville?? Single family in Spring Hill.

View attachment 36354

Amazing, a $3M SFH with all the aesthetic charm of a generic yuppie box apartment building. So much for NIMBYs fighting against denser housing because it would "ruin the neighborhood character."

1681052151850.png

Edit: for comparison, ~$3M could also get you:

Last edited:
Estate sale in Spring Hill?! Apparently the chef owner of Upstairs on the Square had a large designer shoe collection. Gucci bags too.

Line around the block at 8am.

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1820.jpeg

Back