South Boston Infill and Small Developments

Re: South Boston Development

I'm more excited about this area of development than some of the skyscraper developments, if only because I see South Boston being completely filled in and pushing development towards the seaport.

Winter of 1982, got trounced by Gate of Heaven 7th Grade CYO basketball team in that gym. Good riddance.

BeeLine - Thanks for the pics.

Has anyone noticed West Square? Stupid name, appealing yellow brickwork, at least on the West Second Street and C Street sides. Replaces the very under utilized Boston Buffalo truck yards. It is on the block bounded by West First, C, West Second, and D.

They've put some of the condos up for sale in the Gates of Heaven project (616 E 4th Street).

Prices are around $580-$640 per square foot. A two-bedroom unit will go for $519,000-$589,000 or so (including space for two cars in their "hydraulic lift" garage).

The developer bought it for $1.45 million and says he's putting in $7 million so looks to be a profitable venture?

Why would anyone want to live in a church?

To ward off vampires.
Ornate detail of some churches can improve property value.
The buyer is very religious.
It's what the buyer can afford.

I can think of a few reasons...

The converted Congregational Church in Union Square is awesome. I live right behind it, and the individual units are very unique and incorporate the architecture in cool ways. Plenty of people are willing to pay big $$ to live in these sorts of spaces.

Back