South End Infill and Small Developments

This condo project will contain 33 units and 20+ parking spaces. Located at 5-10 St. George Street.
7152241283_3470bd2a81_c.jpg
[/url]
St George Condos Boston 5/6 by snagshead67, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks for the photos.

I wish I had Boston's undersized shitty vinyl shutter franchise.

^LOL! The Curbed writer laments the loss of "one of the neighborhood's final freestanding retail buildings", a.k.a. a single-story commercial building, as if it's somehow a bad thing, describing the news as bittersweet.

I think this is going to be great addition to this stretch of Tremont.

Re: Chevron...Looks like the owner finally hit the lottery! No more flea market visits!

I believe it was a front for something else.

Much like overabundance of nail salons in certain neighborhoods offering massage therapy.

Many long derelict buildings and businesses in the South End are results of shady activity tying up the sale or leasing of the property.

It's no front for anything. It's owned by Jack, the salty bartender who also owns The Eagle, next door. He ran the candy/antiques store during the day and closed out the Eagle at night.

I do not recall seeing the place "open" since the late 90s.

I stopped in there earlier this year for the first time. It was a bizarre experience. Jars of candy and a lot of old stuff piled up everywhere. My reaction was "I'm sure the candy's not as old as the random crap, but it certainly doesn't feel that way."

Good riddance.

Too bad the way too large community garden that occupies half that block (and a long, long stretch of Berkeley St) will continue the serious interruption of the streetscape here in perpetuity.

I don't think the community garden is all that bad.

The highway-esque treatment to Berkeley Street between Tremont and Washington, Castle Square, and the useless triangular grassy patch adjacent to the Franklin Institute are the big offenders here.

Back