South Portland, Maine

You mean this one? (lol)

1680762_263935-CableCar-rendering-768x1004.jpg

Though we all understand the need to have more room, I will miss the previous and more accessible location in Bayside for events. A few years ago, I went to one during the winter. It was a tad above 32 degrees outside, and giant snowflakes were floating down in an effortless peace. In the parking lot the s'mores cart guy was happily serving his creations. Not sure it will be the same out by the mall. Perhaps they could have found a way for both locations, the new one for the behind the scenes of it, and the original for tastings. And when The Armature is done and populating the area, it would have created an even better time. Fork Food Lab's uniqueness and spirit in Bayside will be missed.

https://www.mainebiz.biz/article/unusual-deal-nails-down-fork-food-labs-new-home-in-south-portland

Last edited:
Though we all understand the need to have more room, I will miss the previous and more accessible location in Bayside for events. A few years ago, I went to one during the winter. It was a tad above 32 degrees outside, and giant snowflakes were floating down in an effortless peace. In the parking lot the s'mores cart guy was happily serving his creations. Not sure it will be the same out by the mall. Perhaps they could have found a way for both locations, the new one for the behind the scenes of it, and the original for tastings. And when The Armature is done and populating the area, it would have created an even better time. Fork Food Lab's uniqueness and spirit in Bayside will be missed.

https://www.mainebiz.biz/article/unusual-deal-nails-down-fork-food-labs-new-home-in-south-portland
Interesting - That is the old WEX Office - There was an issue giving up that location for some time, since the "Official" WEX shipping address was 97 Darling Avenue... Not to mention that was where the Data Center was located.

I never knew about this webcam until recently. It's connected to a pole or building (I'm guessing) at the Spring Point Marina. One can control the zoom function with the mouse wheel (for PC) and the panning by clicking and dragging. It's fairly hi-rez too, and zooming in one can see details on boats, people, etc. It's kind of a little like Big Brother, really, so don't be partying on your boat in the marina because someone could be watching (lol). However, it can be frustrating to operate as there is a 3-4 second lag with the controls and if someone else online is also accessing the camera, they control it too, simultaneously. But like they say, beggars can't be choosey. If this camera was thirty feet higher, a 360 degree and zoomable hi-rez view of all the Portland peninsula, the harbor, Portland Headlight, and SoPo could be had. Oh well.

https://springpoint.portharbormarine.com:9090/aca/index.html#view

F4DF3D3C-C6E0-4368-8CAE-E0249A176F86.jpeg

Seems the Gorham connector starting in South Portland at Exit 45 is making big progress in the approvals. Couldn’t find a Gorham page so since it starts in Sopo, I’ll put this here. Any idea if this will be a 2 lane or 4 lane connector? I’d assume 4 since it’s a toll and it’s coming off the turnpike approach.

Last edited:
Building new highways in 2024 is lunacy. This highway will cost hundreds of millions of dollars and do nothing but incentivize more suburban sprawl and increase traffic in the long term. We KNOW that widening and building highways isn't a solution to "solving traffic". This project is totally at odds with the regions climate, transportation and land use goals.

With the $300-400 million this boondoggle will cost....Metro could get 20 years of funding AND we could invest in new high-frequency transit to Gorham AND build new bike/ped corridors all across the region.

Back