South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

At least the steel is starting to peep over the station. Love THIS shot with Logan Airport in the background. Looks like a plane is taking off from one of the runways!! :)
South Station Tower rising!!.JPG

Last edited:
Where would you estimate the core to be right now? About half way up

My guess is the core is slightly over 1/2 way up. The top of the antenna (and base) of One Financial is 683' high. In the image above, One Financial is likely 50-60' in the foreground of SST. From this vantage point, I'd put the top of SST slightly lower than the top of the One Financial antenna.

My guess is the core is slightly over 1/2 way up. The top of the antenna (and base) of One Financial is 683' high. In the image above, One Financial is likely 50-60' in the foreground of SST. From this vantage point, I'd put the top of SST slightly lower than the top of the One Financial antenna.

I counted about 21 floors, give or take a few to the existing top of the core, so I'd say that it has about 30-some-odd more floors to go, since it will rise to a planned 52 or so floors to the top. Does anyone know whether a spire or an antenna is planned to be put atop the tower? Like on the Freedom Tower in New York? :unsure:

Last edited:
I counted about 21 floors, give or take a few to the existing top of the core, so I'd say that it has about 30-some-odd more floors to go, since it will rise to a planned 52 or so floors to the top. Does anyone know whether a spire or an antenna is planned to be put atop the tower? Like on the Freedom Tower in New York? :unsure:
No spire in the most recent designs.

I hope you're right about the 30 remaining stories, but I don't think so. I've got the highest completed floor plate in that image at floor #9 possibly 10. That is assuming the numbering stays consistent with the new 6 story Atlantic ave space. If this holds true, the tower lobby above the train concourse will likely be floor #2 or 3 (not 1).

Yeah, it's pretty cool with those massive diagonal braces. Around 0:57 from the construction animation you see the braces being "built" (it doesn't really represent the placing of these giant beams well, but they're there).

It looks like they stop after the first 10 floors above the archways.

You can get a pretty good look at them from the Broadway Bridge in Southie.

1687528064163.png

Back