South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

From today 3/21/24
IMG_3632.jpeg
IMG_3631.jpeg

Per the radio, this project is halted pending safety reviews. Hope they get back on track soon.
Yes, OSHA, MBTA and Suffolk jointly agreed to temporarily stop work a week ago, after they dropped a steel beam and smashed 2 windows in the process.

WCVB just reported that work on South Station Tower has the green light to resume work.
Though limited, I did notice the crane was "interacting" with the core around 4:30 this afternoon.

(interacting: hook block was lowered to the core - it's been retracted while the site was inactive - and the boom was moving around before coming to a stop again after 5:00p)

I must have accidentally ended up on some rich person list, because I get lots of pings from guys slinging condos in car-branded Miami towers and now I am getting a lot of pings from this one. I think they have fully ramped up the marketing engine.

This is really starting to look tall. Anyone know how much more to go?

51 stories total, the setback starts at floor ~35, so it looks like they've put up about 40-42 stories total. I had the chance to see it from a nearby high rise downtown the other day and the set back and slenderness of the residential section is really striking. Now that the resi section is moving, should get up there pretty quickly.

Back