Special Senate Election - Final

Who will you likely vote for January 19?

• Scott Brown(R)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Martha Coakley(D)

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Joseph Kennedy(I)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
If there are recounts and challenges it will be Washington driven for the sole purpose of delaying Braun's seating in the Senate.

It would be a fitting end, don't you think?--there wasn't anything in this race (on either side) that wasn't washington driven. We just watched two puppets with party hands firmly up their.... well, you know. The democrats just didn't bother to pick theirs up until too late.

I hope all you people who voted for Scott Brown are happy to have contributed to a totally obstructionist, sclerotic government. You voted for his fucking truck and his fucking smile. I wish we could evict you all to New Hampshire where you belong.

Oh, and if you voted against Martha for her stupid Red Sox gaffes and lack of personality? Fuck you even more, you have pebbles for brains.

Massachusetts Takes Massive Shit On Ted Kennedy's Grave, Ruins Everything

I can't believe she lost! I actually changed my mind at the ballot box and voted for her too.

Those of you in despair take heart. He has 2 years, and then gets voted off the island.

My screen-namesake has been disgraced (well, sort of). Worst part is that he's not even a moderate Republican. He's completely, hardcore conservative. At least from the NYT article; waterboarding? Sure! Immigration reform? Fuck the 'spics! Climate regulation? Let the polar bears drown!

Man this sucks.

I guess this means Obama's entire legislative program will fail, making him a one-term president.

This is cause for profound regret.

I wouldn't have used Czsz's words to express it, but I completely agree with him.

I was having this discussion with a friend. Coakley was obviously the wrong choice, but who should have the Democrats put up?
Her primary contenders couldn't even beat her her, so obviously, they are not the answer. What other big-name Mass Dems were overlooked or decided not to run that should have?

And make no mistake about this. Brown did not win this election. Coakley lost it. Brown just happened to be on the other side of the ballot.

The real loser was Obama.

Actually, because of that, the true losers are the American People.

The next president: Sarah Palin?

Does any country have an open immigration policy for Americans?

Politics will allways have to "poplularity" factor. Coakley just sucked at connecting w/ the public. She was a tool, and the handsome Joe 6-pack won. I see him getting ousted in the next election, assuming a non-dud is chosen to rep the democrate seat.

What other big-name Mass Dems were overlooked or decided not to run that should have?

Dukakis comes to mind.

Also, on the other side of things, Billy Weld might have been a stellar candidate.

Massholes: We Got Our Health Reform and Marriage Equality, Now Eat Waterboarding, Suckers!

I like Dukakis and I think it would be great to have such a pro-transit senator, but isn't he still a political punchline to most people?

A shame, but that's the reading I get.

Well the Democrats now have two options - grow a backbone or cave in completely.

They should just pass medicare for all through reconciliation - Republicans used it and the public has a short memory.

That was the point.

Right, so now nothing will get done and Obama will get blamed for it and even more Republicans will be elected proposing nothing but the tax cuts that began this whole mess.

This is really fucking sinister politics and, to use the GOP's favorite term, disgustingly unpatriotic. These people have found a way to be permanently in control - whether of the government or of the message - without achieving anything, despite the country's manifest endless problems. The dumbass public is happy to follow them off a cliff.

I wish Dukakis ran. I liked his thinking and his ideas. The problem he lacks enough fire when he had the chance. I mean, when they snubbed him for Kirk, he should have given a hint of anger at the least. Instead, he tried to roll it off and gave a sad hint of disappointment. He should ran instead when they snubbed him.

Back