St. Francis House | 19-story mixed-income tower | Lagrange Street | Chinatown

Reaction score
Re: St. Francis House wants to build 19-story mixed-income tower on Lagrange Street i

So this is directly next to the proposed 47-55 Langrange Street tower. It'll be interesting to have all of these tall buildings on what basically is not much more then an alley.

Re: St. Francis House wants to build 19-story mixed-income tower on Lagrange Street i

129 units, 130k square feet of space on a small 8500 square feet lot, Should actually be a really skinny, fairly dense tower if approved and financed. I do question why they cant add more units but I guess a tower that skinny there's got to be a lot of mechanical space.

http://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects/41-lagrange-street

The corner of that parcel is inches away from the corner of the Kensington on 1 side....

and inches from 47 La Grange on the other side.

too bad they didn't join up with 47 Lagrange months ago.

The corner of that parcel is inches away from the corner of the Kensington on 1 side....

and inches from 47 La Grange on the other side.

too bad they didn't join up with 47 Lagrange months ago.

Well, financially this is a very different project from 47 LaGrange. This is very high affordable content development, being financed largely through tax credits and developed by the development office of the Archdioceses of Boston (Planning Office for Urban Affairs). I doubt a for-profit developer would want to join their effort. 47 LaGrange is a luxury building.

Stopped by here today - there are two earthmovers doing serious excavation on site. There's a sign up for "The Union at 48 Boylston" - the 46 affordable apartments + retail space. This isn't 48 Boylston though. Is the new building going to back up onto here?

Stopped by here today - there are two earthmovers doing serious excavation on site. There's a sign up for "The Union at 48 Boylston" - the 46 affordable apartments + retail space. This isn't 48 Boylston though. Is the new building going to back up onto here?

This thread is mislabeled and obviously the sign you saw is correct. Proof is on the BPDA Developments map subpage for downtown:

http://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects?neighborhoodid=7&sortby=name&sortdirection=ASC&mapview=1&type=dev

So there is no 19-story mixed-income tower proposal anymore. At some point, once 48 Boylston renovation is done, presumably the 47 LaGrange apartment tower construction will commence, given that the project was approved months ago...

This thread is mislabeled and obviously the sign you saw is correct. Proof is on the BPDA Developments map subpage for downtown:

http://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects?neighborhoodid=7&sortby=name&sortdirection=ASC&mapview=1&type=dev

So there is no 19-story mixed-income tower proposal anymore. At some point, once 48 Boylston renovation is done, presumably the 47 LaGrange apartment tower construction will commence, given that the project was approved months ago...

I was not aware that POUA has given up on the phase 2 construction on LaGrange. But I see you are correct that BPDA has no filings for that project extension.

So...

The Union | 48 Boylston St | Chinatown ?

is the 19 story tower really

Dead?

Kaput?

Gone?

never met a 19 story tower in Boston that shouldn't be built. :)

So...

The Union | 48 Boylston St | Chinatown ?

BYMCU Affordable Housing Renovation | 48 Boylston St. | Theater District

seems about right to me (tough for me to call anything north of the Boylston/Essex St. corridor "Chinatown"...

There was 3 on site when I walked by around 6PM. It's actually kind of ridiculous because it's such a small site.

Back