State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

I love the different textures from the City Hall side.
51748413547_a7d944d7db_z.jpg

51749241301_7b96f2708b_z.jpg

I'll have to snag a picture later, but I can see the "fin" of this from my living room. We'd have a complete skyline view if it weren't for being on the 2nd floor and the placement of the building across the street. So being able to see even the tip of this from the couch is kind of cool (it's the only downtown building I can see). I generally have a good eye for this type of thing, but I only noticed last week.

I'll have to snag a picture later, but I can see the "fin" of this from my living room. We'd have a complete skyline view if it weren't for being on the 2nd floor and the placement of the building across the street. So being able to see even the tip of this from the couch is kind of cool (it's the only downtown building I can see). I generally have a good eye for this type of thing, but I only noticed last week.

This makes me think of when I dated a girl in a 3rd floor walkup in Somerville. I asked if you could see Boston out the window, she was unsure, so I went right up to it and there was a perfect view of 1 building and 1 building only.... The Hancock!!! I thought maybe it was meant to be, but then she moved to a different unit and the magic went away....

Around the time The Sudbury was topped out, I was in my front spare bedroom (in Winthrop) and caught a glimpse of what looked to be a building under construction over the roofs across the street. You could only imagine my excitement when I realized what the building was, and the fact that I would also have a clear view of One Congress once that start to go up. (at least during the Fall/winter months when the leaves are off the trees)

And you better believe if and when my house ever goes on the market, I'll be sure to mention our "Boston skyline" views from the second floor.

Back