State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

I referred to it the other day as Barad-dûr.

D0D92487-156E-40D9-9265-40BF7E14953B.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a cool building despite being a bit to fat for my taste, but once again I find myself saying why not another 5-10 stories. I'm not looking for Super talls, just something to give the skyline some buildings to make the older ones not look so stumpy. Imagine this building another 100 feet and thinner, she would be a beauty and that's what I keep waiting for, but it may sadly never happen. I made a similar comment about Winthrop Square. It doesn't look like it's going to pop.

This is a cool building despite being a bit to fat for my taste, but once again I find myself saying why not another 5-10 stories. I'm not looking for Super talls, just something to give the skyline some buildings to make the older ones not look so stumpy. Imagine this building another 100 feet and thinner, she would be a beauty and that's what I keep waiting for, but it may sadly never happen. I made a similar comment about Winthrop Square. It doesn't look like it's going to pop.
I think its roundness contributes to the fat look. If it were triangular or rectangular, it might look a bit trimmer. But overall it does look good.

It doesn't feel like there is enough contrast with the swoop and the center part of the building, it makes for a surface that feels too flat. A different color glass in the center part might have worked better, or perhaps a more pronounced swoop that cut across the side of the building.

Back