State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

Last edited:
Heh heh, sounds like a few things I did when I was 21.
I was actually expecting a different name on the list haha. I have a friend who's brother climbs skyscrapers as a hobby; I found a video of him climbing the Wilshire Grand Tower in LA. I honestly don't know how you and they muster the courage to do those climbs, and get past security.

My adventure was in the opposite direction; under ground. A friend and i walked the almost completed OL subway tunnel under the Charles River, over a mile long walk round trip, several months before it opened. Security was nonexistent then.

I was actually expecting a different name on the list haha. I have a friend who's brother climbs skyscrapers as a hobby; I found a video of him climbing the Wilshire Grand Tower in LA. I honestly don't know how you and they muster the courage to do those climbs, and get past security.

How much security is really on one of these job sites during construction? Also this is ballsy as fuck considering the tower next door is occupied and there's a police station about 500ft away.

Most Urban Explorers I know try to do these high-profile targets at night.

Give them 500-1000 hours of community service for wasting everyone's time.

Heh heh, sounds like a few things I did when I was 21.
Over the course of my 18th year, friends and I explored most of the subway tunnels in the wee hours of the morning. Kind of surprised we never got in to any trouble over it.

[edit]
I see from your subsequent post, that you were also a tunnel rat!

Over the course of my 18th year, friends and I explored most of the subway tunnels in the wee hours of the morning. Kind of surprised we never got in to any trouble over it.

[edit]
I see from your subsequent post, that you were also a tunnel rat!
It was quite the trip walking the (not yet operational) OL tunnel from the Charlestown portal all the way into the (then) new North Station OL station, and then back. It was a Sunday and no one was around. They would have much tighter security today, but that was back in the early 70s.

305D0D02-6495-4EFE-9C82-5B98069540D8.jpeg

The little crane that's mounted on top, will it stay there, or will it come down soon? :unsure:

7/16 Also from the top of the tower at Prospect Hill Somerville. I think I preferred the evening lighting of the 14th compared to the morning lighting of the 16th.

As a reminder, the tower will be open the 2nd Thursday from 6-8 (5-7 in Sept/Oct) and 3rd Saturday from 10-12. The coming month will be spaced out a bit better, Thursday 8/11 and Saturday 8/20.

IMG_2980 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_3002 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_3012 by David Z, on Flickr

Last edited:

Back