State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

7DB8E816-AA4A-4BEC-8BED-4E346553CC39.jpeg

Can they fix/replace all of those off-colored window panels? I've been wondering this since they topped this off. It's extremely noticeable on this building in particular.

Those look temporary, probably waiting for replacements for cracked glass.

Those look temporary, probably waiting for replacements for cracked glass.
Probably similar to what happened during the construction of One Dalton. Those window assemblies are highly custom, and likely any damaged during installation will take months to be replaced -- very long lead-time items.

Probably similar to what happened during the construction of One Dalton. Those window assemblies are highly custom, and likely any damaged during installation will take months to be replaced -- very long lead-time items.

Windowgate 2023. What would AB be if we didn't have a tower without windows to annoy us for the next year or more.

At least they aren't the plywood choice of 1 Dalton.

Windowgate 2023. What would AB be if we didn't have a tower without windows to annoy us for the next year or more.

At least they aren't the plywood choice of 1 Dalton.
True. But there seems to be A LOT of off-colored/temporary windows on this building compared to other recently completed towers. Maybe it's because of the curvature? I still love this building, especially the lighting scheme at night going up the split. Definitely better than plywood, for sure.

True. But there seems to be A LOT of off-colored/temporary windows on this building compared to other recently completed towers. Maybe it's because of the curvature? I still love this building, especially the lighting scheme at night going up the split. Definitely better than plywood, for sure.

I'm just kidding, really. I absolutely adore this building and this project- sub the Lab Science addition- and is a great bridge to the West End 'towers.' This was an incredibly difficult endeavor, like SST, and I couldn't be more grateful that with all the obstacles, they are still being constructed.

Back