Stop and Shop Mixed Use | 1690 Revere Beach Parkway | Everett

This is maybe the most exciting area in the region right now. I think I read that whole area of Everett is now zoned as of right for large developments like this.

That was my point last week in the Elan Everett thread, and that was before I even heard about the 1690 Revere Beach Parkway Proposal. Add the population add from this project, and that ups my 5-year (2019-2024) net population increase for Vale Street to nearly 7,000 more people. All in transit-oriented development next to recently/soon-to-be completed transit infrastructure. And all adjacent to a swath of industrial properties (north of CR) closing shop and ripe for even more TOD in the coming decade.

It is exciting.

D3F2F5A4-81FC-4E8A-BC7E-5EC42B03001F.jpeg
9D3A57C4-BCB5-42BC-85B6-522D2799AE99.jpeg
6BA75AFD-5CBF-4312-8E07-B266EFE9D9ED.jpeg

Land sold yesterday for $56 million.

And coming up December 8, a demolition party hosted by the new owners, Greystar.

1690 Revere Beach Parkway Demolition Ceremony
Greystar cordially invites you to celebrate the kick-off of 1690 Revere Beach Parkway with a ceremonial demolition event on December 8th.

Are we reaching the point where we need to have light rail on Revere Beach Parkway? This is a lot of density coming virtually overnight.

I hate the massing. It reminds me of the Alewife development hellscape, and apparently that's the model we're copying now, infecting our urban area like a virus.

I dont think it looks bad. Looks better than whats going up now with parking garages and dead space at ground level. At least here you get some retail and some brick vs dead space and party panels.

Agreed. And I'm not sure what the alternative is to large 5-over-1s given the site and market constraints? Since the whole area is going to add a lot of new housing at once, it behooves a smart developer and their lender to push for the most units per acre to help cushion against the eventual downward pressures on rents when other big buildings start opening.

Are there other examples out there where large parcels like this have been turned into lots of new housing while turning out a better design? The Skating Club proposal is the only thing that jumps to mind, but it's a smaller lot, seems like it's going to be built out of something more expensive than 2-by-4s, and the current design is rather less dense than these IIRC (not a great policy outcome). Really curious to know if someone's successfully squared a similar circle in the past.

How about a couple sections of this rising 10-15 floors to give a bit of a visual peak? These giant landscraper developments with no height variation are absolutely soul-crushing, and the proliferation of them across the metro makes me want to blow my brains out.

For any of you who have seen the movie Eraserhead, these uninspired landscraper neighborhoods remind me of a similar hellscape. Boston (and friends) deserves better than this.

I would not be surprised if there was some regulation that kicks in at more than 6 floors which makes the construction much more expensive.

I would not be surprised if there was some regulation that kicks in at more than 6 floors which makes the construction much more expensive.

yes....pretty sure you can't build with a timber frame once you go over 6 or 7 floors. Once you get into all steel or concrete, you're looking at a whole new budget situation.

Greystar Celebrates The Start Of Development At 1690 Revere Beach Parkway With Demolition Event
1690-Revere-Beach-Parkway.jpg
Everett, MA–Greystar Real Estate Partners, LLC, a global leader in the investment, development, and management of high-quality rental housing and commercial properties throughout the world, and locally in Greater Boston, held a ceremonial demolition event to mark the start of development at 1690 Revere Beach Parkway, the company’s newest residential project in Everett. 1690 Revere Beach Parkway is a two-phase, 741-unit residential development in Everett’s fast-growing Commercial Triangle district…

https://bostonrealestatetimes.com/g...0-revere-beach-parkway-with-demolition-event/

Back