Suffolk Downs Redevelopment | East Boston/Revere

Assembly has insane amounts of parking. I wonder if some of is built so that it could be converted to residential or office eventually...

I think that this would be a terrible place to have the Amazon campus. Think, if you're coming by train from the northern suburbs, you have to switch the orange or green then switch to the blue. If you're coming from the south you have to switch to the red, then to the green or orange and then to the blue. And honestly, who wants to drive to East Boston - even from the north it's not an easy commute.

I think that this would be a terrible place to have the Amazon campus. Think, if you're coming by train from the northern suburbs, you have to switch the orange or green then switch to the blue. If you're coming from the south you have to switch to the red, then to the green or orange and then to the blue. And honestly, who wants to drive to East Boston - even from the north it's not an easy commute.

Agreed...it's no mans land great for housing etc but amazon is going near south station...maybe north point or to another city.

South Station could be the big win! add DOT parcels 25, 26, etc good for 2 or 3 x 300' + the 125 Lincoln Street garage site (in play) which can go 350-500' + the soon to be vacated USPS building now; Maybe you can add Back Bay Station to that package; What happens to the value of Copley Tower's and Columbus Ctr permits? Maybe this even helps the BRA bring back a developer at Columbus Ctr.

Makes me think about those 9 massive superblocks in the South End recently rezoned to 149 feet (or whatever it was). Maybe a huge opportunity lost that could have put this area over the top for the winning proposal.

Meanwhile, Philadelphia's latest; a cluster of massive proposed (before the Amazon rfp was even announced).
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=223554

i doubt very much that Amazon will be excited to build on a marsh off of a single transit line that requires multiple connections for so many neighborhoods to access.

Four letters for you... NSRL! If amazon agrees to come to Boston, The North South Rail Link would most likely have to be part of the discussion. Our existing Transit system could not handle this many more people (at full employment). Amazon is going to want to see Boston being serious about its transit.

Four letters for you... NSRL! If amazon agrees to come to Boston, The North South Rail Link would most likely have to be part of the discussion. Our existing Transit system could not handle this many more people (at full employment). Amazon is going to want to see Boston being serious about its transit.

Amen. The City/Commonwealth has got to stop dithering about the NSRL. All this futzing around while the rest of the world builds 21st century infrastructure. If I'm Bezos I tell Marty and Charlie "No NSRL, no Amazon HQ".

HYM stands to profit even more if their tower Downtown is chosen, then virtually print money both at NorthPoint and Suffolk Downs after building a fantastic number of housing units. This inappropriate proposal will only jeopardize Boston's chance to win.

It is dispiriting to see the power of a well-connected developer influence lawmakers to support a location as inappropriate / (absurd) as Suffolk Downs.

mods, can we move this Amazon talk to the Amazon thread?

Do you believe these things could be accomplished during the time frame proposed by Amazon (2019 - 2030)?

I don't think it's a wise decision for Boston to bid on HQ2 with South Station, etc., because there are so many variables that could keep South Station's future in doubt (including the USPS not moving ..).

South Station could be the big win! add DOT parcels 25, 26, etc good for 2 or 3 x 300' + the 125 Lincoln Street garage site (in play) which can go 350-500' + the soon to be vacated USPS building now; Maybe you can add Back Bay Station to that package; What happens to the value of Copley Tower's and Columbus Ctr permits? Maybe this even helps the BRA bring back a developer at Columbus Ctr.

Makes me think about those 9 massive superblocks in the South End recently rezoned to 149 feet (or whatever it was). Maybe a huge opportunity lost that could have put this area over the top for the winning proposal.

Meanwhile, Philadelphia's latest; a cluster of massive proposed (before the Amazon rfp was even announced).
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=223554

i doubt very much that Amazon will be excited to build on a marsh off of a single transit line that requires multiple connections for so many neighborhoods to access.

Has HYM ever really built anything of significance? Seems like they have all this capital but really no history of really building anything in the past.

Seems very strange that they have all these projects in the pipeline going on without anything built with substance in the past.

I believe Suffolk downs would be a bad choice for amazon location

Has HYM ever really built anything of significance? Seems like they have all this capital but really no history of really building anything in the past.

Seems very strange that they have all these projects in the pipeline going on without anything built with substance in the past.

They have a pretty big building U/C at One Congress... they're also partners in Boston Landing.

They also did Twenty/20 @ northpoint.

... and the Seaport’s Waterside Place. I’d say they’ve quickly climbed up there among Boston Properties, Millennium Partners, and the like in terms of their development portfolio and positive impact to the city. (in other words, ‘HYM Investments good’)

All HYM's projects seem to be involved from this real estate cycle. It just seems that they have become major players in Boston without any real history of buildings built from previous real estate cycles.

This is incredible short-term success to step right into Boston Real estate scene and have this type of pipeline without any real history in Boston's competitive commercial real estate industry.

All HYM's projects seem to be involved from this real estate cycle. It just seems that they have become major players in Boston without any real history of buildings built from previous real estate cycles.

This is incredible short-term success to step right into Boston Real estate scene and have this type of pipeline without any real history in Boston's competitive commercial real estate industry.

Well, yes, but this also points to the breadth of this cycle. There is so much development going on there is no need for the traditional players to try to elbow aside newcomers.

"A rising tide floats all boats."

They also did Twenty/20 @ northpoint.

Yes, they did but it took years to get this one building done. Divco West is finally doing the construction that we residents of NorthPoint (Cambridge Crossing) thought would have been completed years ago. Next June 2018 will mark 10 years that the Sierra and Tango buildings were completed. Hopefully they will not run into tidelands lawsuits and other litigation that partially were to blame for the long delay in construction. There seems to be a better plan for what they want to do at Suffolk Downs versus what was planned years ago at NorthPoint.

Back