KR7A21k.png

NBbPq03.png

fo588Xs.png

8NA4Bkr.png

rMvULuP.png

PvWPmkn.png

WF1Cywf.png

Last edited:
Too bad it's not taller, but understandable given how close it is to the airport.

That flood plain map is a bit scary.

Sales creek needs to be daylighted along it's entire reach through the property and the geometry needs to be resolved to something more comparative to other natural reference reaches in the area. They should be adding a vegetated buffer as well.

Drop the Suffolk Downs name and call it Super Block City. Assembly Square, Northpoint, Volpe, Southbay and now here. Is this really the only economically feasible way to build from scratch?

That's not a superblock. The grid here looks finely-scaled, all told. I think you're opposed to the one-building-per-block model?

Drop the Suffolk Downs name and call it Super Block City. Assembly Square, Northpoint, Volpe, Southbay and now here. Is this really the only economically feasible way to build from scratch?

That's not a superblock. The grid here looks finely-scaled, all told. I think you're opposed to the one-building-per-block model?

For a sense of scale, it is only 1/2 mile from Suffolk Downs Station to Beachmont. These blocks are all 1/8 mile or less.

I don't hate it. I don't love it. It's kind of an out of the way location with very strict height limits due to the airport. It's rather uninspired, but never really stood a chance to be anything better than that anyway. If anything, I just hope the whole thing goes on hold for 2-3 years so we can get more of the bigger downtown projects out of the ground.

Technically they may not be super blocks but perceptually they are. I suppose anything of real density can't help but appear massive next to single family houses (there is one short street of houses/townhouses buffering Waldemar). The one-building-per-block model is unfortunate as the attempts to reduce mass by using 25 different materials are usually pretty feeble (Seaport Parcels M1-M2 are a very nice exception) and there is probably going to be massive use of generic precast here.

That said, overall density is fine and this is a huge win for Boston/Revere.

Ok but seriously can they make a 4 track Blue line, take up 3~4 Downtown towers, do mixed residential at SD, make the roads exclusionary, and include a heliport?

Comments are up. I know... who cares... but it's pretty rare to see such supportive community comments.

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/51419768-07af-4282-9137-dd92465e46f5

General concerns are reasonable: Improve access roads, do more Spanish-language community outreach, consider keeping the height farther north.

I don't agree with the first letter... losing Amazon over the expedited review wouldn't hurt HYM, but it would hurt Boston. The City has more interest there than the developer does.

Didn't see this one. So is Boston a runner up/HQ3 Type scenario? Does it matter?

Posting here because the thread is locked....

http://time.com/money/5222986/amazon-hq2-bullseye-internet/

Does the new soon-to-be prodigious health care venture in Boston offer additional clues?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2018/06/20/gawande/C7uFtpyQ9DDpqNZ6BvA35J/story.html

HQ2 in Northern Virginia near DC has been the scuttlebutt for quite some time. It either makes sense on the merits or it just makes sense because DC is home to the highest concentration of professional and amateur scuttlebutters in the world.

I think what we have heard about for Amazon related businesses is probably the extent of it as far as Boston is concerned. About a million square feet of space, some thousands of employees and the somewhat related healthcare business which could be interesting if it doesn't get too bogged down by the health insurance companies and regulators...

It is probably good for Suffolk Downs to be seeking other tenants.

Back